Monday, February 4, 2008

The Pulse: PostScript


13 more artists completed the survey after the original posts went up. Here are their responses:

darlene aka hUgGeR
http://tinyurl.com/3ykwht

The one technique or tool that I cannot live without is... Since I’m a prolific multi mixed media artist I can’t work without gel mediums. I go from one type of art to another but usually the one thing I use in one way or another is gel medium. I can use it on fabric, trims, paper, beads dolls, and metal, plastic you name it. In addition I can mix all kinds of things in it and then apply it to what ever I may be creating.

One artist that inspires me is... I will not name one, there are so many in so many different disciplines. But with all that said I try to follow my own bliss, my own way my own creativity.

5 things on my studio table right now include... gel medium, encaustic materials, tissue paper, glaze, book; 100 ways to keep your Soul Alive.

My current go-to blog is... http://alteredimagery.blogspot.com/

My current go-to website is... http://art-e-zine.co.uk/michelle.html

Today my favorite color is... I tend toward warm colors but today I worked on a piece with lavender. Not the color I would usually go for, but the piece is coming out awesome so maybe that’s the color. I don’t really have fav’s. I love um all!!!!

If I could take a class from one artist from anytime in history, including today, it would be... Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci
___________________________________________________________________________
Ginny Carter Smallenburg
Ginny's Small Studio

The one technique or tool that I cannot live without is... I couldn't pick only one,,,really, I can't but if I must, I have to have good, sharp scissors. They have to be long blades with comfy handle and most importantly, close by!

One artist that inspires me is... Robert Rauschenberg. His art work just speaks to me.

5 things on my studio table right now include... acrylic paints, stencils, various sizes of wood both flat and chunky, a stack of vintage book pages and a stack of glass

My current go-to blog is...Dispatch from LA

My current go-to website is...too many to narrow it down. I am all over the place right now as far as what interests me and inspires me.

Today my favorite color is... RED! It was my favorite yesterday and I am sure tomorrow too.

If I could take a class from one artist from anytime in history, including today, it would be...Robert Rauschenberg. I saw his latest exhibit in Los Angeles three times. It was overwhelming to me. I had to take a break half way through each time because my head just couldn't take any more. He is amazing.
___________________________________________________________________________
Becky New
BeXarts Blog
Life It Photos Flickr Group

The one technique or tool that I cannot live without is... my camera

One artist that inspires me is... peas... ONE? honestly I am inspired by any art journalist. BUT... if I have to
say just one... it would be Michelle Ward or Kelly Kilmer (ok, I lied... that's 2)

5 things on my studio table right now include...large hand bound journal, box of caren d'ache neocolor II's, black acrylic paint, box of pen nibs and inks, box of my own verbage for pages (there is more on the table, but that is 5)

My current go-to blog is...This is one that I go-to on a regular basis?
It would be Kelly Kilmer

My current go-to website is...The new Flickr Life It Photos Group

Today my favorite color is...Olive Green

If I could take a class from one artist from anytime in history, including today, it would be... Dan Eldon
___________________________________________________________________________
Patricia Anders
artpropensity
patriciaanders.com

The one technique or tool that I cannot live without is a paintbrush but really my computer.

One artist that inspires me is Joe Sorren.

Five things on my studio table right now include a bowl of water, a lamp, some needles, a paintbrush holder and glue.

My current go to blog is ektopia.

My current go to website is etsy.

Today my favorite color is aquamarine.

I would want to take a class with Francis Bacon.
___________________________________________________________________________
Gail Pierce
Expression Studio

The one technique or tool that I cannot live without is...my digital camera

One artist that inspires me is...Virginia Cobb

5 things on my studio table right now include...the fabric paper quilt I'm working on, water soluble oil pastels, antiquing gel, painted dryer sheets, and Perfect Pearls

My current go-to blog is...There are about 75 favs on my list so it would be like choosing a favorite child. At the top of my list is Altered Page and Dispatch from L.A.

My current go-to website is...Fibre and Stitch

Today my favorite color is...Cadmium yellow

If I could take a class from one artist from anytime in history, including today, it would be...Georgia O'Keeffe. I broke down and cried when I saw her work at the Art. Museum in L.A. back in the 80's
___________________________________________________________________________
Denise Lombardozzi
FIRSTBORN STUDIO
www.deniselombardozzi.etsy.com

The one technique or tool that I cannot live without is...sandpaper

One artist that inspires me is...lisa kokin

5 things on my studio table right now include...ivy leaf krylon spray paint, really chunky glass glitter, holga 120 cfn, an over the rhine cd cover, ink, glaze pens

My current go-to blog is... .emeffer

My current go-to website is...tony lombardozzi

Today my favorite color is...chartreuse

If I could take a class from one artist from anytime in history, including today, it would be...dale chihuly
___________________________________________________________________________
Karen Cole
ARTSORTMENTS

The one technique or tool that I cannot live without is... A charcoal pencil. That would be my tool. With a drawing background, I couldn't do without it. It makes great marks, smears, shades and can be made to go away when I want. Encaustic painting would be the technique. It's delicious. Thick, thin, colors or not, scratch it, burn it, it loves it all. Plus, you can rub it with your hand, feel the texture and shine it up, in a flash.

One artist that inspires me is... I went to see the El Anatsui show at the Jack Shainman gallery in New York a few weeks ago. Anatsui uses African influences and takes rigid materials, like tin cans, and creates seemingly soft, cloth-like structures. Amazing!

5 things on my studio table right now include...Since I just cleaned out my studio, this is a good time to ask what's on the worktable, I can see everything. My camera, an altered book I am working on, a piece of cast glass I made and will use in an assemblage, a dictionary, Jade glue from New York Central Art supply

My current go-to blog is... Blogs? Can't just do one...impossible. ULLABENULLA go to "inspiration" and Laura, at laurelines.typepad.com

My current go-to website is...Websites? www.karivonwening.com and lesbijouxdodette.free.fr

Today my favorite color is...Favorite color today would be blue. Azurite Hue, Anthraquinone Blue and Cobalt Turquois

If I could take a class from one artist from anytime in history, including today, it would be…Alive today- Tony Scherman. Beautiful, huge, encaustic portraits.
Dead- Leonardo Da Vinci. Brilliant!
___________________________________________________________________________
Lisa Call
lisacall.com
blog.lisacall.com

The one technique or tool that I cannot live without is...My sewing machine. I'd have to find a new medium as stitching by hand is not on my radar and I don't like using glue to hold the textile pieces together.

One artist that inspires me is...Deidre Adams Her art and photography are incredible.

5 things on my studio table right now include...The book on tape I'm currently listening to (Getting Unstuck by Pema Chondron), Scissors, Seam Ripper, Big containter of water, My cat, who sits under the lamp to warm up

My current go-to blog is...Christine Kane - motivational, real world examples of how to live ones life more consciously. Christine is approachable, understandable and funny.

My current go-to website is...Wikipedia - I love learning new things.

Today my favorite color is...Purple - always purple - deep royal purple but any of them will do. Although I don't use it often in my artwork as I'm drawn more to
earthy southwestern colors in my art. Subtle purples creep into these pieces. Maybe I'll go home tonight and make something purple.

If I could take a class from one artist from anytime in history, including today, it would be...Mark Rothko - I love his work and would love to chat with him about his take on abstract expressionism.
___________________________________________________________________________
Chris Miser
Prism Trail

The one technique or tool that I can't live without is... paints and working with them on quality watercolor paper

One artist who inspires me is... only one? Okay, well, if I can't select Van Gogh AND Dali AND Michael deMeng AND Picasso AND Magritte AND Tenniel's Alice drawings AND Michelle Ward, I suppose I'll have to select Dave McKean.

5 things on my studio table right now include... scraps of red felt remaining from the disks I cut last night, five metal mini-mailboxes to be altered, two books: Duma Key by Stephen King and 52 Projects by Jeff Yamaguchi, a pile of loose paper toweling, and a book of 30 postcards by Jordan Crane. Is that more than 5?

My current go-to blog is... Michelle Ward's blog Tons of inspiration and new educational resources almost daily. And tons of heart.

My current go-to website is... CraftyPod

Today my favorite color is... olive green

If I could take a class from one artist from any time in history, including today, it would be... Michelle Ward. I love her unique design style, her business ethic, and the enthusiasm she brings to her work.
___________________________________________________________________________
Kelly Parker
Kelly Parker Designs
http://www.flickr.com/photos/artsydoll/
kparkerdesigns.blogspot.com

The one technique or tool that I cannot live without is... i know this sounds funny but my scissors! I use them for everything.

One artist that inspires me is... Wolf Kahn, I love his use of color in his landscapes.

5 things on my studio table right now include... scissors, long nosed pliers, paint brushes, gel medium and acrylic paint plus many other items to numerous to mention.

My current go-to blog is... ArtBizBlog

My current go-to website is…Gawker Artists

Today my favorite color is... Lime green

If I could take a class from one artist from anytime in history, including today, it would be...Michelangelo, Wolf Kahn, Robert Burridge, sorry one is just not enough!!
___________________________________________________________________________
Kathy McCreedy
Love Letters
Kathy McCreedy Designs

One artist that inspires me is... Fred Otnes

5 things on my studio table right now include... Olfa cutting blades, Scotch
Craft Stick, pile 'o torn paper scraps, Golden acrylic medium, & Pilot Parallel Pens

My current go-to blog is... Michelle Ward's HCIT site

My current go-to website is... www.annecowie.com

Today my favorite color is... red/orange

If I could take a class from one artist from anytime in history, including
today, it would be... John Stevens, calligrapher
___________________________________________________________________________
Leighanna Light
http://lklight.blogspot.com/
http://lklight.etsy.com

The one technique or tool that I cannot live without is...I can't seem to decide between gesso & my dremel. I guess gesso would win by a very small margin.

One artist that inspires me is...Pat Chapman

5 things on my studio table right now include... a stack of 5 journals (counts as one since I work on several simultaneously!) a small container of bones, dremel, 1/2 package of paperclay, a tub of gesso

My current go-to blog is... ullabenulla

My current go-to website is... My favorite art website is mikel robinson
My favorite photography site is Louvier and Vanessa

Today my favorite color is... Quinacridone burnt orange

If I could take a class from one artist from anytime in history, including today, it would be...This is a really difficult question. My first thought was Judy Wilkenfeld & Jesse Reno. But then there are all of those talented dead guys to consider!
___________________________________________________________________________
MarysMadness
http://itsmarysmadness.blogspot.com/
MarysMadness.Etsy.com

The one technique or tool that I cannot live without is...The tools that I depend most on are my knives/box cutters. I would just die if I lost them. They have my DNA on them. I use them for slicing, dicing and prodding.

One artist that inspires me is...I am really inspired by everything and everyone who creates, from crafters to artists.

5 things on my studio table right now include...Cabinet cards, Sea glass, Watch parts, Forks and spoons, Eyeballs and eyelashes

My current go-to website is...Craftster and Etsy

Today my favorite color is...Greens, not grass.
___________________________________________________________________________

No comments: