Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Saatchi Showdown

I have entered one of my paintings on Showdown, one of the many services offered by The Saatchi Gallery, a global art website that describes itself as the world's interactive art gallery. You can browse through thousands of pieces of art in all media. You can set up your own artist page. You can upload your art for others to view and/or critique. You can buy art and sell your own art. You can add a link to your website or blog. You can even make art online and display it in Your Studio.


Showdown is the area where all artists registered on their site can upload an artwork to go head to head for visitor's votes. They are currently in Round 8 where there are 3139 pieces to rate. The top two from each round have a runoff and the winner of each round is entered to compete against the winners of a number of other rounds for a cash prize. I have entered Fragile in this round. My main purpose was to get feedback about how others view my art. If you like this piece, please go to my Showdown Page and vote. Scores range from 1 to 10, with 10 being the best. You have until 1/7/08 to vote. Thanks in advance for supporting me and I hope that some of you will find this site useful for furthering exposure of your own work as well.

4 comments:

Anne, Bulles dorées said...

Je te souhaite une excellente année 2008, qu'elle t'apporte tout ce que tu souhaites !

Gillian McMurray said...

Great stuff! Good luck with the competition. I've just cast my vote ;o)

Kelly Parker said...

Hi Seth,
for some reason i can;t vote on your art...any suggestions?

thanks
Kelly
www.kparkerdesigns.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

www.myartspace.com is a better platform. Saatchi looks VERY outdated. The Saatchi 'shop' is not really an online store at all. The transactions are done by email between the buyer and seller. It is not a secure way to sell or buy art online.