Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Rated E......

Thanks go out to Karen Hall who recently gave me an Excellent Blog Award. Thanks Karen! Your generous gift of this award is so very much appreciated. Karen's own blog -Karens Studio- is one of my daily visits. On it she posts examples of her amazing textile art, art journal pages, photographs, and so much more. The idea of the Excellent Blog Award is to award it to 10 people whose blogs you find Excellent Award worthy. Having recently given 10 blogs the You Make My Day Award, I will present the Excellent Blog Award to 10 different and equally amazing blogs:

Be... Dream... Play: eb puts in so much time, effort, and creativity into her blog. She even changes her blog banner more frequently than many bloggers post! I love her highly saturated photographs and her journal pages are always a celebration of color and design. Best of all, she is all about community -- her Blogandic Polar Festival is an event not to be missed.

bockel24: Marion is another prolific blogger, often posting 3 or 4 pieces of art in one day! And she is definitely the Queen of the Artist Trading Card. Right now she has been sponsoring the Postage People swap, a creative swap that has fostered many connections between the participants and their blogs.

The Land of Lost Luggage: Julie's blog is filled with her wonderful journal pages. And she is such a generous blogger. Among other great things she has shared is her current, easy-to-follow journal page tutorial. And everyone has got to run to her detailed post explaining the use of feeds. Follow her instructions and you will gain extra time every day!

Red Velvet: Judy's blog rates an excellent in my book due to her talent, generosity, and spirit. She has already been spotlighted on my blog. Every inch of her artwork has so much meaning and touches the soul. You can just feel her great big heart in everything she makes.

Contemplating the Moon: Bridgette is another artist that has been spotlighted on my blog. She is an exceptional artist that creates, among other things, truly serene images coupled with perfectly matched thoughts and phrases. Her journal pages are extraordinary. And I admire the balance she has struck on her blog between her art and her personal experiences -- a balance not so easy to achieve.

Bloom, Grow, Love: Alicia is a brilliant photographer who captures such beautiful and ethereal images of nature (as well as many other subjects) in such a way that you can almost touch, smell, and feel the object. Her color palatte is usually soft and warm and just makes you feel good. And anyone who uses both faded lines from a fold AND yellowed, old tape on their blog banner is excellent in my book.

Love Letters: Kathy's blog highlights her tremendous skill as both a calligrapher and an artist. Text is one of my most favorite aspects of art and she is brilliant in her use of letters and lettering. She recently took a paper scrap I made and gave her in a swap and turned it into a special work of art. She is a warm and giving person to boot!

two dresses studio: Trudi creates fantastic digital collages with layer upon layer of unique images. She is an extremely creative individual and always seems to take her ideas to a whole new level. For just one example, read about The Recollection Parlour on her blog.

Every Life Has a Story: Roben-Marie has such a wonderful eye and her photographs always seem to express such a genuine feeling, no matter what the subject. I absolutely love the innovative way she frames and presents her work.

The REV It Up List: Linda and Karen have created such a special blog here. It is all about highlighting other artists in great detail. The posts are filled with detailed interviews, multiple links, and interesting finds. This is another blog that fosters connections within the blogging community!

Please visit these most excellent blogs. And remember, if you like what you see, leave a comment. Bloggers love them!

14 comments:

LostLuggage said...

Oh Seth, thank you so much for this award! I am really happy and honored that you think so highly of my little ol' blog. I am really, really flattered.

maidenelf said...

I really appreciate your list of favorite blogs! I now have a bunch of windows open so I can go and visit them in turn!

kathy said...

Seth, omg!!! I am SO, so flattered and humbled and honored... I'm just so touched... thank you, thank you, thank you. And right back at you, Seth... really... your support means SO much to me. xoxo, K.

bockel24 said...

Thank you, Seth, you´re too kind!

eb said...

oh my goodness Seth - this is quite an honor coming from you - you have made my day! I really appreciate that you have noticed, acknowledged and shared my love of blogging - which sometimes seems like my late night habit - it is hard to go for more than a day without posting - it truly gives me an "objective" view on my day and my work...

thank you so much!

xox - eb.

Karen Hall said...

Seth, thanks so much for your nice comments about my blog - that really means a lot. Now I am off to explore all these interesting blogs that you mention - some of whom I know - and some of whom are completely new to me. Thanks
Karen

Stephanie said...

some of my fav's here!

congrats all around.....

Trudi said...

Heh Seth! Right back at you! Thanks a million!

Carmen said...

Excellent selections Seth! What a talented group!!!

kelsey said...

Thankyou for your comment on my blog...you're right...bloggers DO love comments!!! Thanks also for your list of wonderful blogs, more names for my Blogarithm list! Especially love Lost Luggage....drool!!!

Jill said...

You know how to pick them! Some great sites here.... thank you.

Linda Woods said...

What a great list of blogs...how will I ever get any sleep NOW?? Thank you for pointing me in the direction of so much inspiration and for adding our Rev It Up blog to your list. Karen and I are so lucky that we have Maria Hammon and Marissa Bowers on our team, too, or we really would never get any sleep.
We are honored to see our names here on one of our favorite blogs! :)

Kristy C said...

all excellent blogs for sure!

Fran Meneley said...

Hey Seth - Thanks for the list of excellent blogs! There are so many out there and so many good ones, this is very helpful to a "newbie"!