Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Man from the Land of Alter-ed Pages

Wow! I had thought my lucky number was 22 but I have come to find out it is 46. Let me explain. I am sure most of you know about Judy Wilkenfeld, a gifted Australian artist, who I spotlighted in this post back in December 2007. Her blog, Red Velvet, is a daily stop for me. Recently Judy created one of her amazing Visual Anthologies, this one entitled Doll, for a South African couple. You can see from this one shot below what an extraordinary piece this is!


So Judy being the generous soul she is decided to have a giveaway on her blog, with the prize being a package of goodies. Being the creative soul that she is, Judy made the giveaway a guessing game. The first three people who guessed the number of pages in Doll correctly would win. There were 63 guesses ranging from 13 to 66 pages. I was the only commenter to guess 46. On July 24, the following picture was posted on Judy's blog.


Click on the image to see it clearly. The text on the right reads: And it came to pass after many days and many nights that it was a "he" who guessed right. As the bloggerites fell upon their faces they cried out 'who' from amongst our people has won. And the Red Blogger arose from amongst them and spoke and announced that the man from the land of Alter-ed Pages has been victorious. And the people arose and hailed his victory.

Thanks Judy...for your beautiful blog, for your deeply moving creations, for the time you take in sharing all your hard work on your blog, for the amazing gifts you have given to so many, and for this creative and generous giveaway. Cannot wait to see the treasures you send.

14 comments:

steph said...

you lucky YOU
loving the visual of that journal too

artisticdiva said...

How cool are these--the win and the announcement of it!

~*~Patty said...

well, that's just awesome....how in the world you came up with 46 pages = too cool. I can only imagine it will be some fab loot! Congratulations Seth!

Kristy C said...

Wow!! Geez Seth, can you possibly get any luckier???LOL

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

It's really cool that you won such an awesome gift from such a fantastic artist.
nita

kelsey said...

Way to go Seth! I can only imagine what Judy will send to you as she is such a generous soul. I too have been the recipient of her generosity and I didn't even have to guess anything!!! lol

She has an amazing ability and her creations are absolutely superb, what a neat way of announcing your win too.

Chris said...

Oh, this is SO COOL!
Congrats!!

azirca said...

Congrats Seth, good on you! So is 46 your new lucky number now? ;)

Martha Marshall said...

That is so cool, Seth!! I love the creativity of this, and the way she presented it.

PS - I feel your pain about Blogger. Mine is still down too. Meanwhile, if you click on my link in this comment, it will take you to my new blog.

I'm putting you in my new blogroll, so if you decide to change over to another blog platform let me know, OK?

Lisa Hoffman said...

Coolness so brilliant that I inhaled way too quickly and started to sputter and cough. If I had the usual Milk Dud in my mouth it would have been a really weird and poetic way to go.
Judy is indeed from Planet Amazing. Fitting that you, ExPat from Amazing should win a package from "Home".
Use your treasures well, Dear Warrior-Guesser.

Karen Cole said...

I am just trying to imagine the size of this book. Her "12 Tribes", brilliant and sitting in my studio at the moment, is not nearly that many pages and it's HUGE!
Congrats.


I also got to see your article in Artful Blogging today. It's really well done, Seth. Not only do you create beautiful things, you can write!!! Very nice.

Judy said...

From she that hath spoken.
From the land far far away, I offer humble grattitudes for the kind words that thou hast bestowed upon me...
"Red"

susanna said...

Soooo coool! I'm looking forward to seeing what you receive from the super talented Judy. I met her a few months ago and was lucky enough to see one of her books. Holy moly! That woman is a creative force! Her artwork is beautiful. And she puts alot of thought into each piece. Congratulations on guessing the winning number, Seth.

Ro Bruhn said...

Congratulations Seth, you're a very deserved winner.