Friday, August 28, 2009

Share the Wealth


I had been so busy with my Buried Treasure and DisCo projects that I have neglected to post a thank you to the following people who have recently gifted me with blogging awards. I feel an embarrassment of riches here. But I decided to post these because I really want to acknowledge those who are kind enough to acknowledge me!

Many thanks go out to Kim from Art Alchemy, Nancy from Crowabout, LaWendula from Woven Letters, Lumilyon, Marit from Marit's Scrapworld, Jill from JazWorks, and Veronica from Simple Pleasures. I also want to thank Christine Marie and Boston Handmade for including my blog as a favorite to follow in this post. Feel free to click the links to be taken to each of these wonderful sites and spend some time there.

I usually "draw outside the lines" when it comes to blog awards, and this will be no exception. I would just like to use this as an opportunity to spotlight a group of bloggers and their blogs, all of which have at this point become old favorites and old friends of mine. And if the recipients want to post about their award and/or pass it on, you can see the awards on my sidebar or you can just click the links above. Take your pick among the awards. You deserve them all.



I always love to visit Roxanne at River Garden Studio. When I visit her blog I feel as though I am actually visiting a real place and not just a computer screen. Her posts are filled with heart, beauty, and creativity. Her joy in art and life is contagious. And having been lucky enough to see a number of her creations in person, I can tell you that as beautiful as they look online, they are far, far better up close.


I am guaranteed to feed my soul and find inspiration whenever I stop by Heart and Life to see Lynne Hoppe. Her style is so unique and creative. Whether she is working on paper or muslin, using watercolor, crayons, pastels, or acrylics, or simply sharing her love of nature, she always inspires. And nobody creates faces quite like Lynne!


I am forever amazed by the energy, humor, creativity, and style of the one and only Julie Prichard from The Land of Lost Luggage. I mean come on...anybody who can come up with that name for their blog has got to be great! She is Julifying the world one artist at a time with her Layer Love and Super Nova. She is innovative, exciting, unpredictable, and simply a wonderful person.


Judy Wilkenfeld from Red Velvet and Visual Anthologies constantly reminds me of the power of art. Her work is deeply filled with meaning, purpose, emotion, and passion. She pours every ounce of her being into her creations and every single detail that she includes is researched and meaningful. That she spends so much time and energy sharing her artwork, and the stories behind it, with all of us on her blogs is icing on the cake.


Robyn from Art Propelled never ceases to amaze me with her detailed posts centering around artistic themes like vessels, wood, crows, sticks and stones, and art from the discarded. She sources out the most interesting artists in these arenas and generously shares their art and links. Her hand carved, wooden totems are so unique and extraordinary. And I find her posts about her life in South Africa to be completely fascinating.


When I want my art infused with humor and real life, I run over to visit Chris at Prism Trail. I never read a post without smiling and laughing. Chris' humor is, well, dry and colorful at the same time! I really like the fact that as an artist, Chris also explores so many different types of art techniques and styles.

Thanks for all the inspiration!

33 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

On behalf of Julie from the Land of Lost Luggage, I Julie of the Land of Lost Luggage happily and graciously accept this award!

I wholeheartedly award YOU with the same award because it is the Altered Page that makes my eyes light up every time.

ArtPropelled said...

Seth what a wonderful start to my morning. Thank you for your kind words. I will be smiling all day.

lynne h said...

well, dang, seth... what an honor to be a part of this group! thank you!! and i say thank *you* for the smiles and inspiration! there are a whole lot of us who think that you and your blog are tops!

Chris said...

Wow. Seth, you always seem to know when I need support, guidance, a smile, inspiration--what a rare and gifted person. It's great to read these words at the end of this day. Thank you for continuing to be a touchstone! You and your blog have always made a real difference in my process. One day I will give you a huge hug!!

Gaby Bee said...

I haven't had time to browse yet but I will try to do that soon.
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderful upcoming weekend.
Gaby xo

Kim said...

What a wonderful bunch you have here Seth, perfect choices. I frequent most of these fabulous blogs and love them too.

Lawendula said...

Thank you, Seth! It was my frist blog award, that I passed over to you.
All this is so exiting new to me, there are no blog awards in Germany.
And the sentence on the first pic is wonderful!

MrCachet said...

Dammit SETH!!! I have little enough time for these little exercises without you going off and putting me onto MORE diversions! Okay... Just this once...again...

ooglebloops said...

Thanks for this list of great artists to check out!! Art Propelled is already one of my favorites, and you reminded me to add Lynne to my "artfully" list of favorites!!!I haven't visited her in a while!

Veronica Funk said...

Thanks for sharing Seth...LOVE these blogs, too.

rivergardenstudio said...

Oh Seth, thank you, THANK YOU, for this wonderful award... You have given me time to pause and reflect on the celebration of the art spirit... I am honored... and I hope you have a wonderful weekend filled with your own amazing art.... Roxanne

La Dolce Vita said...

great choices! and I love the art you created to represent each one.. oh and the quote is fabulous, I guess... we each of us knew an remembers that moment.....

femminismo said...

Now it will be fun to follow the links and find who inspires and nurtures *your* spirit.

Mar said...

i recognize some of the names...and will excitedly hop over to visit the new ones...
congratulations to all the spotlighted artisans...who keep us inspired and motivated...yep..you do that

RedorGrayArt said...

you are so generous and I am off to look at these links :: elk

Karin Bartimole said...

congratulations for all the well deserved accolades Seth! and I couldn't agree more with the choices I recognize, that you've made for passing it on - now I'm off to visit the ones that are new to me as i'm sure they will be equally creative and inspiring!!

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

So much fun to visit, you send me on so many exciting blog jaunts! Thank you Seth!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Just remember Seth that you too are an inspiration to so many of us who aspire to make works of art.

Amy said...

Hi Seth, I have only just discovered your blog through Carmen, and I am wondering if/when you are planning another Disintegration Collaboration, because it is definitely something I'd love to participate in. I am also drawn to the changes time and nature create, and love what you did with the project.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I have been out of town and touch for about a month but you have highlighted several of my favorite blogs where I can go and find a sense of renewal and quiet acceptance. I am trying to get everyone back into their Fall/school flow and schedules. You have deserved all your praises and even more...my words are totally inadequate when I want to express your fortitude and modeling living an artist life...Now. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Jill said...

You've well earned all of the wonderful accolades you receive- and more. What a great selection of blogs that you've chosen to highlight. Each one is a treasure to look at! Thanks again for all you do for so many and sharing all of your amazing talents, projects and time with us!

layers said...

Thanks for highlighting these blogs.
Being so new at this I am amazed at how many wonderful blogs there are.

Lisa H said...

Where...where....WHERE do you find the time?
Art-Life-Collaborations-Email-Work-Reading a trillion Blogs a Day-Running-Traveling-Family-Relationships......
I need to go rest on your behalf.
Very Impressive. Now hand me that glass of wine.

eb said...

such a rich field of friends surrounding you Seth - and it is no wonder - you are kind, attentive and loving as well as BEing an incredibly creative and deep artist - we are so fortunate to have such a soul amongst us...

xox - eb.

Leslie said...

Wonderful Seth, and some very deserving awards all around!

littlescrapsofmagic said...

Congrats on all your awards and many thanks for passing on some wonderful blogs. I know a few, but I've also made some wonderful new friends.

Judy said...

Hey you, thanks for such a great award and all those amazing things you said re my art. It is always interesting to read what other say about my work and I feel honoured to be part of such a talented group of award winners. Thanks

darlene aKa HugGeR said...

Thanks Seth for posting theses sites. I have been to most of them off and on. But as my life is busy I rarely go back to visit. Both inspirational and fun for a Sat. morning after nursing my sick dog back to health. Thanks!

Gail P said...

Lovely group of blogs that helped to set the tone/mood for the day. Thanks!

anja said...

wonderful blog, works and features.
thanks for sharing your art here.
anja

Don Madden said...

Excellent choices.

Marit said...

WOWZAH!!!!

Jason said...

I love the artwork on this post Seth. If you were feeling up to it, you could make some nice birthday cards inspired by this artwork.