Sunday, December 30, 2007

Spotlight: CW Slade

CW Slade is a California based artist whose paintings I have admired for quite a long time. Carol's luminous mixed media paintings are alive with color. She works on on paper, canvas, and wood. There is a dynamic energy to her work. Layer upon layer, each of which reveals a hint of what came before and what is to come next. Her work is spontaneous and abstract, yet includes collaged images of both words and objects which strongly anchor it in the familiar. According to her website, her technique includes both adding and removing, layering and scratching away, leading to a phenomenal level of texture and depth. Her work is in many collections, has garnered multiple juried awards, and has been published, most recently in the book In This House: A Collection of Altered Art Imagery and Collage Techniques. I have posted several of my favorites but so many more can be seen on her website.





1 comment:

Carol said...

These paintings are just beautiful. So pleased I found your blog, I can see lots of things I really like. All the best for a very happy new year and a great 2008 from Carol