Saturday, April 27, 2013

Workshop Recap #1

The last few months has been filled with travel for me, as I went both up and down the east coast to teach a series of mixed media art workshops. With so many stops, I am going to break this into 2 posts.

It began back in early March when Roxanne Evans Stout, Elizabeth Wix and I taught a workshop together called The Need to Tell Stories at Little Bird Creations Studio in NYC. You can read more about this workshop and see many other pictures here.



Later in the month, I headed down to The Queen's Ink in Savage, Maryland where I was treated like a king by the owner Patti and the whole crew.


The Queen's Ink is an incredible shop that has their products set up in mini-displays.





I taught two classes at The Queen's Ink. The first was a one-day workshop called Box of Dreams. The class was a lot of fun and the finished projects were creative and totally unique.






The second class I taught at The Queen's Ink was a two-day workshop Mixed Media Memoire. This was a new workshop and I could not have been any happier with how it all turned out.










Two weekends later I headed out again. I taught my Mixed Media Dossier at the Guilford Art Center in Guilford, Connecticut. What a beautiful place.


I usually take way too many pictures but at Guilford I ended up taking too few. Here are the shots that ended up on my camera roll.




To be continued...

4 comments:

hollyllama said...

Oh MAN, am I jealous! That looks like so much fun! I'd love to take one of your workshops someday...Come to Michigan! Or at least Chicago. That's not too far away. :)

Unknown said...

Great shots of those workshop tables - just love seeing everyone at work, and love the "portraits" of individual artists. Bravo for sparking off so many people.

GalleryJuana said...

Thank you for sharing shots of the mixed media workshop. And in all the workshop photos, everyone is beaming with creative satisfaction!

Jo Murray said...

You rock Seth...what a dynamo you are.