Sunday, February 15, 2015

The Week Links: 37

Join me every Sunday when I share some of my favorite links I discovered in the previous week.
All previous links can be found here.

And here is Week 37...


Seriously the best thing to happen to coffee rings. Ever.

Everything glue. Kelly Kilmer shares helpful tips and all her favorites.

What's new with color trends from Miriam Schulman.

And speaking of color...Dina Wakley talks color wheel and gives some helpful color tips.

Book artist and surgeon Brian Dettmer gives a TED talk. Thanks to Jennifer Coyne Qudeen for sourcing this out.

And speaking of Jennifer...she reviews in 5 posts (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) her recent visit to the Yale University Art Gallery to see Odd Volumes -- what looks to be the most cool book arts show in history!

And speaking of books...check out this amazing industrial book cover from Finnabair. There is a tutorial too.

7 comments:

Kelly Kilmer said...

Thanks, Seth!

Jennifer said...

Thanks Seth!

Tammy said...

As usual, love the Sunday links! That "I need a guide" site is awesome, loved Finnabair's book & off to listen to the TED talk now.
Thank you!

Jo Murray said...

An interesting mix today, from coffee rings to industrial book covers (very YOU). Loved the TED talk...thanks mucho.

Unknown said...

Hi, Seth, I saw an altered books exhibit with some of Brian Dittmer's books....they are totally amazing! I cannot begin to imagine how he does this.
marilyn

Unknown said...

Hi Seth,
as Always enjoyed your choice of links. Thank you for making those lists every week.
I like to say something about your choice of Dina Wakley's blog about the colourwheel.

By now every-one knows that with the old-fashioned colourwheel one cannot make any colour one wants. (Photo)Printers can make every colour because next to yellow they use cyan and magenta to mix.
So we need a new colour wheel based on yellow, cyan and magenta, I think.

How do you feel about that?

Kay Wallace said...

It took me two visits to get in all your links, Seth, but I made it through! Good thing today is a holiday, eh? Love Finn's work, of course, but she had lots of worthy competition this week!