Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Artists from The Pulse Project


The Pulse Project will take place at The Empty Spaces Project gallery in Putnam, Connecticut during the entire month of April 2015. Run by Paul Toussaint and Ann Monteiro, this was the space that recently hosted the 5 x 5 Small Works exhibition, also based on The Pulse

29 artists that were featured in my books (The Pulse of Mixed Media and The Mixed Media Artist) are exhibiting their work at the show. The exhibited pieces reflect the full range of mixed media and include assemblage, encaustic, collage, acrylic, oil, pastel, photography, digital, fabric, jewelry and more. A number of the works were featured in the books although the majority are new. 

For those of you in the area, the opening reception is being held on Friday, April 3 from 6-9pm at the gallery located on 114 Main Street in Putnam, Connecticut. There will be a number of artists from the show attending. The show officially closes on April 30.

All 100+ works will also be exhibited on and available for purchase through my blog during the run of the show. For a taste of what is to come, here are the participating artists and one example each of the work they have submitted.

-------------------------

Patricia Anders
 Butterfly Eyes

 Satisfaction Through Sight 3

 Reedus Maximorous Fitzgerald

Lights

A Water Puddle

 Never Far From Home

Perspective

Priority 955

By Northern Light


  Layers of Time 3

Soul Barring

Reliquary

Newton's Third Law

Great Expectations

Cloudgrass

Felicity Griffin Clark
Land, sea, alchemy


 I Stand, Upright

Crystal Neubauer

Pleased to Meet You

Bridgette Guerzon Mills
 Only in Solitude

abovebelow1

Chris Miser
Industrial Revolutions

Roxanne Evans Stout
Circle Dance

Jayne Harnett-Hargrove
Ode to Crow

Patti Roberts-Pizzuto
 Nocturne no. 6

Seth Apter
Oxide

Lesley Price
 2 Children

Patti Edmond
Angel at Mardi Gras

Robert Stockton
The Message

David Castle
Rama Control Panel - Blue Sector



19 comments:

Jo Murray said...

It would be fabulous to be able to attend and soak up some inspired art. Alas!

elle said...

powerful examples

Jennifer said...

I'm so honored to be part of this exhibit. See you at the opening!

Bridgette Guerzon Mills said...

Wonderful! I just love that my work will be physically alongside the works of so many artists I've become friends with during my time being online. Thanks Seth for creating this opportunity

Annie said...

Beautiful and varied work. You are such a kind man helping put all that art together. xoxo

Jackie PN said...

Thank you for sharing these for those of us who will not be able to attend. Beautiful inspiration- each piece! ")

Sharmon Davidson said...

A brilliant and varied array of inspiring art... wish I could attend the show!

Carol said...

What a wonderful body of work!

Angi in hana said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I just keep looking at these awesome pieces of art, amazed at all the artist including your work Seth, this is the next best thing to being there, here I am in the jungle on Maui and I get to experience this tx to u seth! Aloha, angi in hana

Caterina Giglio said...

Wow, what a stunning collection of amazing work, by outstanding artists...

Kay Wallace said...

What a diverse and very talented group of artists here, Seth, including your Oxide piece. Such inspiration in one place will be amazing!

rivergardenstudio said...

Seth, I am so proud to have my work included in this incredible show. Thank you always for the inspiration you provide with your blog posts, projects and ideas!
- roxanne

Hastypearl said...

SOOO glad to be able to see the art. Thanks for doing that for those of us that aren't able to go to the exhibit! Laura

tricia said...

every thing looks so good

Parabolic Muse said...

I've been slowly visiting this first group of artists, and if this is any indication... WHAT a SHOW!

layers said...

Seth, I am sorry I missed this deadline... you certainly sent out several helpful reminders... but I get very overwhelmed with stuff around me.. teaching workshops, gallery deadlines, magazine deadlines and on and on... but I truly appreciate you always trying to include me. All the images are wonderful I I hope the opening is well attended and a big success.

susan bowers said...

Wish I could get there too - at least we get a peek on line. Thanks for that Seth and may the exhibition go well. Some really delightful pieces.

Canace said...

I'm so pleased to be included in this show with so many other exciting artists.
Thank you for this opportunity Seth. I'll look forward to seeing you at the reception. :)

Brian Kasstle said...

Wow! Amazing works Seth! What a show!