Thursday, October 19, 2017

#ARTifacts: September 2017

Artifacts (plural noun): objects made by a human being, typically an item of cultural or historical interest.

ARTifacts (plural noun): a collaborative project for 2017 documenting adventures in art.


Every year I have so many "art memories" from my travels, my teaching, my adventures in NYC, and my studio work. I have decided that 2017 will be the year of ARTifacts where I document my adventures in art for the entire year in a physical book. 

Always wanting to be inclusive, I turned my project into a no-rules collaboration. Participants were asked to find or make some sort of artist book, planner, scrapbook, 3-ring-binder, folder, or other container to document their creative experiences, whether they be in art, craft, or anything else.  As you can see below, each and every participant put their own creative twist on this project. And it is never too late to join. Email me at shap97@gmail.com if you would like to participate.

-------------------------------------

YOU CAN SEE ALL PREVIOUS MONTHS HERE

11 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

There are some really incredible entries this month, Seth. I was most impressed.

Sisterhood of the Muse said...

Fantastic selection! Very nice and inspiring!!

Chris Lally said...

Great contributions to this wonderful project, Seth! Thanks for sharing the work of these very creative artists!!

Carol Wiebe said...

Thanks, again, Seth! I love being part of ARTifacts.

Unknown said...

Thank you Seth for collecting and spreading these ARTifacts. I will enjoy following the links. Now rhere are only 9 I will be able to have a look at all of them.

darlene said...

Lots of inspirational art to check out! Thank you Seth for posting my art work too.

Gaby Bee said...

Inspirational art from some incredible artists! Thank you, Seth!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Fabulous art work. Great selection Seth x

Jackie PN said...

Great pieces from these artists Seth! Of course I am so drawn to my favorite- Gwen- I just love her artwork!
Thanks for sharing!
Jackie ")

Debi Adams said...

Always impressed by the variety of creativity found here. Many amazing artists. Thanks for including me in this segment. Much appreciated.

A Pink said...

Fabulous gallery of creativity. Terrific work by everyone x