Sunday, August 19, 2018

How It's Done

I love creating and designing products for the art/craft community. It is always a fun, creative challenge to come up with new ideas and to then turn these ideas into reality. Designing has become a passion of mine and a process that I am fortunate to be able to repeat many times each year.

It is important to me to always be developing as a designer and to never produce a product simply for the sake of making sales. I always want my releases to be inspiring, unique and new. It is with that in mind that I created my newest sets of stamps with PaperArtsy


My earlier releases with the company were primarily designed directly from elements within my mixed media artwork. My two newest sets are instead developed from my photography. Each stamp started with an image taken on my travels which I then digitally altered to bring you a more useable design. The trick here is finding images that are both unique, interesting and with a good amount of contrast. Thought it would be interesting to take you behind the scenes and to share a few before, during and afters.

Photograph

Digitally Altered Image

Stamped

-----------------

Photograph

Digitally Altered Image


Stamped

-----------------

Photograph

Digitally Altered Image

Stamped

These stamps are available to purchase in my online shop

Already beginning to think about what I can do that is creative and different for my next release...

4 comments:

Redanne said...

Wonderful new designs Seth, congratulations on your latest release! x

Jill Adamy said...

Wow! I love how these turned out... especially that typewriter stamp. That is fantastic and I'm going to put it on my list for Santa! Thanks so much for sharing. Love it all!

A Pink said...

Loved seeing the photos behind your new stamp set, Seth. Tfs and Congratulations for bringing us two more fab plates of rubber. Terrific designs x

Linda Plyler said...

Thank you for showing the steps from photo to stamp.