Thursday, October 11, 2007

Mixed Media: falling flower

I am involved in a Skinny Book Swap hosted by Chrysti Hydeck
who wrote a wonderful piece in Cloth Paper Scissors Issue 13 (July/August 2007). There are 25 participants per book and we all need to create 26 original 4"x8" pages, which Chrysti will bind. The extra page will go into a book that will be auctioned for charity. I have posted pictures of one of my pages below. The quote, by Arikida Moritake, is a beautiful haiku. The image is a photograph I took at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.








6 comments:

Gillian McMurray said...

I was lost for words when I saw this one. It is so beautiful. Lucky swappers.

azirca said...

What a beautiful quote to go with your equally beautiful art page.

Anonymous said...

Thanks seth for directing me here; I have truly enjoyed "catching up" with all your work...this one in particular is just beautiful!

cookievf said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cookievf said...

(let me try that again!)

Seth,
I love your beautiful image and quote! I'm a fellow skinny booker participating in books #2 & #4)

Excitedly waiting to see my book in person!! Wondering if you'll post some pages from yours?

- vicki xo

Seth said...

Thanks Gillian, Azirca, & Thia for your wonderful feedback. Vicki: thank you too and look at my 12/6 Mixed Media: Thinspiration blog post for images of some other pages from the book. You are going to love both of your books! Seth