Thursday, December 9, 2010

Viewer's Choice - Blogs II


Welcome to the fourth edition of The Pulse -- The State of the Art -- a survey in words and pictures of the online artist community. Nearly 150 artists have answered a list of questions which make up The Pulse. Their responses will be presented as a series of online and print projects. Links to the first three projects (Secret Sunday, The Book Guild, and StudioScapes) can be found on the sidebar of my blog.


Viewer's Choice is the fourth installment. All artists participating in The Pulse were asked to name their favorite from a number of categories. Today's favorite: blogs. Drum roll please...
_______________

Part II (in random order).

A Collage a Day - The daily art of Randel Plowman.

Barron Storey - Powerful pages from his journal.

All Norah's Art - The blog of Sharon Tomlinson.

Tumble Fish Studio - The mixed media and digital art of Marsha Salyer Jorgensen.

Lisa Hoffman - Art and culture on the pulse.

Kelly Kilmer - Kilmer's killer journals and daily link love.

Judy Wise - Art and journals and everything Wise.

Every Life Has a Story - Mixed media and mail art from Roben-Marie Smith.

One Artist Journal - Art journaling and thought provoking posts from Orly Avineri.

Ornamental - The life and art of Nina Bagley.

Layers - 'Donna Watson's blog can be quite thought provoking, as she frequently uses it as a way to ruminate on ideas that she has been “rolling around” for awhile, and also details some of her ongoing adventures.' 

River Garden Studio - 'I am always inspired by Roxanne Evans Stout's images and her creative approach to art. Sharing her life in such a gentle, yet forthright manner is very uplifting.'

_______________

Tomorrow: top blogs III
the top eleven blogs

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa!
I'm honored to be in such GRAND company!
Can we have a Big Party??!!!!

Kelly Kilmer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly Kilmer said...

WAIT! I just scanned the list and saw Barron's name and Judy's name and then mine-really?!?! I had to go back and reread the others listed. WHAT company is right! To be listed among not only several of my friends but also some of my heroes. I'm just shocked!!!

Seth, you are amazing. The time that YOU spend on The Altered Page is amazing. YOUR blog should be listed #1! :) Thanks again!

layers said...

I am very pleased and honored to be included in your post on 'favorite blogs'-- I visit many of these other wonderful blogs myself. thank you.
donna watson

Kim Palmer said...

Great choices here, they all offer something very special.

Suzanne said...

Can't wait to read, no doubt there will be some wonderful inspiration there.Thanks Seth.
I agree with Kelly - Yours would be at number 1!

Sharon Tomlinson said...

WOW Seth, I am so honored for this recognition. And surprised too! What a great way to start my day.
I spy a fee new-to-me blogs and I with my cup of coffee. I'm off to read.
Thanks for all you do.

nina said...

I completely agree with kelly and others, dear seth. You need to be at the top of the list! I am honored to be included here....x

rivergardenstudio said...

Thank you again (and again) for all that you do, Seth. And I am so honored and excited to be on this list!! I love all the blogs here and from yesterday as well! roxanne

Anonymous said...

Wow! I've not been keeping up with your postings...and now I find so many wonderful lists...now I just have to find the time to check everything out!! What fun!!

eb said...

YES YES
The Altered Page!
you make so much happen Seth
ever so grateful,

xox - eb.

Tumble Fish Studio said...

I am horribly late! I don't know how I missed the message from you in my mailbox, but just found it. I had not seen these posts in my sneaky visits which are obviously not often enough. I am so honored and shocked to be included in your list! 2010 was a very rough year for my family so I am especially surprised I didn't scare anyone away! Thank you so much for this . . . it made my soul soar and proved to me that this is going to be a much better year!