Friday, September 2, 2011

High Wire Act


Back in April I answered a call for artwork from Cloth Paper Scissors for their Wild Wire Challenge. CPS was looking for artwork made from or with wire, whether soldered, twisted, braided, weaved, torched, or shaped. In May I was happy to see on Barbara Delaney's blog that I was among the finalists. I am now even happier to find out that my submission was among those selected and has been published in the September/October issue of Cloth Paper Scissors. I share the page with  David Hayes and his very cool creation 'Hot-Wired Terrier.'


My submission 'Bone Folder' was made using a twist on a technique I learned in a workshop with Keith LoBue


You may also recall my recent collaborative sculpture 'Angel' that I made for the Exquisite Corpse Festival, again created using paper and wire.


Many thanks and much appreciation to the crew at CPS for this honor. 

21 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

congratulations! wire is a beautiful but challenging medium... well done..

Kathryn Dyche said...

Love that, very cool. Congratulations on the publication.

Maureen said...

Congratulations! Really like your piece.

Anonymous said...

I saw this...I really like these pieces you are creating. It has all the hallmarks of your rusted, aged work in a new format. Marvelous. xox Corrine

bohemiannie! art said...

Fantastic Seth! I can't wait to see the CPS issue! Congrats!

Jo Murray said...

What fun Seth! Clever you... congrats.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful piece! I am honored to have shared a page with you in CPS! "Hot Wired" was so excited about it...he wanted to play with your "Bone Folder" so much!!!

Thanks for the mention...made my Friday!!

Lisa said...

Congratulations! these are totally cool organic pieces..you've taken your creativity to another level and I love it!

Julie Prichard said...

Congratulations, Seth!

Jill Zaheer said...

Your wire wrapped within the old vintage paper is memorizing. It is never ending if you continue your eyes around the wire and back again. Great technique to get this effect. Congratulations on having your submission accepted and published in Cloth Paper Scissors. That's super! Just got my copy to look at!

Lynn Cohen said...

Well there is just no stopping you is there? Happy for you! I have my copy and already saw you in it!!!!
Seems a body can't open a magazine or a book lately without finding YOU & your wonderful art!

That one looks very much like a mazzusah to me! ;-)

Laura said...

Awesome and congrats!

Suzanne said...

Well done you! Thoroughly deserved.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It seems like I am always offering my congratulations on another successful submission. I can see why our piece was chosen. It is stunning! You make great wire art.

Fran Meneley said...

Wonderful!! I love the twisty nature of it - really beautiful! xo

Julie Shackson said...

Well done! Your wire and paper creations are lovely.

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the mag. Your piece is very sculptural? Is that a word? LOL Anyway, I really like it. Congrats! ....PJ

~*~Patty S said...

more congratulations are in order Seth!

Bravo!

you ... wire and paper get along beautifully!
oxo
p.s. bone folder is brilliant!

Katie said...

These are so cool. I loved them imediately in my latest CPS. congrats! And thank you for your comments on my blog. take care.

Mescrap said...

Congratulation !!!
I really dun know that wire can be turn to such great art piece.

Gaby Bee said...

Cool, Seth! Congratulations!