Sunday, July 29, 2012

It's Still Life: Chapter 9


Welcome to the 5th edition of The Pulse -- The State of the Art -- a survey in words and pictures of the online artist community. The Pulse is a collaborative project that aims to introduce you to new artists, help you get to know familiar faces even more, and allow you access into the creative hearts and minds of a very talented crew of individuals. More than 130 artists have answered a series of questions which make up The Pulse. Their responses will be presented in a series of online posts which will run every Sunday.

Style File, Techniques & Tools, and Master Class were the first three projects posted and links to all these posts can be found on the sidebar of my blog. The fourth project, It's Still Life, continues now...


Participants were asked to photograph a still life that you create using an array of objects.
-------------------------------------------
Laura J. Wellner
"This is a photo of grape vine tendrils, coils, curls, spirals, laid out on a canvas with white acrylic wash monotype marks. The little curly-cues of the vines that I've been collecting from my acre of the world echo the lines in my drawings."

Tari Goerlitz

Cathie Parreco

Eileen Bellomo

Donna Louise Rodgers

Dave Dube

Traci Lyn Huskamp
"I love that no matter how I arrange flowers in a vase, nature has its own way of styling itself and in a much better way than I could have ever done."

Julie Prichard
"Still. Life."

Cory Celaya
"Sari Silk Bundles and Charm Bracelets."

Kathryn Dyche Dechairo
"Ever since I was a small child I've had a love affair with monkeys. I don't have an obvious collection but if you wander from room to room you'll find them dotted around my home."

-------------------------------------------
Next "It's Still Life" will be held on Sunday, August 5th.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very spirited Still Lives (-:

Ella said...

So much inspiration! I really enJOYed the different views on this prompt! :D

sf said...

Scrumptious!

Caterina Giglio said...

well done...

Kathryn Dyche said...

Like Ella said, I've been enjoying everyone's different takes on this. Fun!

bohemiannie! art said...

Thanks again Seth!

Darlene K Campbell said...

Loved the grapevine twirls, etc. Art first glance I thought it was wire. Of course, I have rusty wire Ion the brain...been creating with it. Look forward to these photo surprises every Sunday. Thanks!

Bill said...

It keeps amazing me that, now that everything is seen with so much color, how rich and interesting grayscale photos can be. All of the still lifes shown here are, of course, beautiful.

Jill Zaheer said...

Another wonderful collection of creative still life beauties for us to see! Thanks again for continuing to put this series together!

Carol said...

Seth, as usual a fabulous collection of interesting and fascinating people. Thank you, as always.