I started by selecting a sheet of hand painted watercolor paper from my stash. The surface had been created with pan pastels and spray ink. I glued it onto a piece of book board for support. I ran a gold leafing pen around the edges of the book board and dye ink around the edge of the watercolor paper to better frame out the piece.
I am a sucker for anything printed with numbers or letters and Spellbinders has both in a new embossing folder. This was the inspiration for the project and I used the number side to deeply emboss several pieces of black card stock.
Using a gold Delicata pigment ink pad (which is just about one of the best pads I have found) and a craft sponge, I swiped across the raised letters and highlighted them in rich gold.
I then went ahead and die cut multiple-sized circles out of the sheets of embossed letters, kraft-color card stock, and red decorative paper.
I matched these up with rubber and metal washers that I had gotten from the hardware store.
Stacking and gluing all the pieces together, I came up with the following configurations.
I raided my stash of letter stickers and came across black, capital letters that I thought were perfect for this project.
Finally, I played around with the composition of all the components and when I was happy, I adhered them all to my background piece. As a final touch, I scribbled around the letters with the wax pastels to add more dimension to the piece.
Spellbinders Paper Art Supplies:
Cross Promotional Partners: 7 Gypsies Postale alphabet stickers
Other: book board, watercolor paper, card stock, decorative paper, pan pastels, spray ink, dye ink, leafing pen, wax pastels, hardware, adhesive, paper towel