Thursday, February 16, 2017

#ARTifacts: January 2017

Artifacts (plural noun): objects made by a human being, typically an item of cultural or historical interest.

ARTifacts (plural noun): a collaborative project for 2017 documenting adventures in art.


Every year I have so many "art memories" from my travels, my teaching, my adventures in NYC, and my studio work. I have decided that 2017 will be the year of ARTifacts where I document my adventures in art for the entire year in a physical book. Always wanting to be inclusive, I turned my project into a no-rules collaboration.

Participants were asked to find or make some sort of artist book, planner, scrapbook, 3-ring-binder, folder, or other container to document their creative experiences, whether they be in art, craft, or anything else.  As you can see below, each and every participant put their own creative twist on this project. And it is never too late to join. Email me at shap97@gmail.com if you would like to participate.

-------------------------------------

JANUARY 2017











Jeanie Bernard




10 comments:

Pat said...

Thank you Seth for including me. There are some interesting links here to broaden my horizons.

Sisterhood of the Muse said...

What a wonderful collection! :-) Beautiful...and so individual. :-)

elle said...

Thanks Seth. This is so inspiring! Raises the bar, too!!! :)

Caterina Giglio said...

awesome, such beautiful work... what an amazing collection..

Raylee said...

Thank you Seth....really appreciate every thing you do for us!

A Pink said...

Terrific idea and great to see a fab gallery of other crafters projects . I really hope to join in at some point soon .
Thanks for sharing Seth x

Monique's art said...

Thanks for including me I really love to see everyones makes. So inspiring

Indira said...

Lovely collection! Thanks for including mine.

Debi Adams said...

So thankful to be among so many creatives. Enjoyed each and every style. Thanks too, for giving us all an opportunity to show a piece of our life through art. It's the best.

Jenny Marples said...

Love seeing the totally different ways everyone has for recording memories of the year so far.