Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Okay. I am finally giving in. I have been tagged by four people in the last month. Thanks to Sarah, &rew, Marie, and Maralena for this honor. The rules from each person were slightly different but boil down to sharing 6 or 7 random, odd, strange, weird, or non-important things, habits, quirks, and/or facts about myself. So in keeping with the theme of my blog, I have decided to post 6 random art-related facts. In no particular order...
1. When I was in grade school, I won a contest designing a poster for a statewide project called "Read to Succeed." I guess my interest in art started young.
2. When I go to a museum to see an exhibit, I never ever take the tour they offer...whether it is via audio or an actual guide. I need to go at my own pace -- which is always faster than the guide.
3. I own somewhere in the neighborhood of six different cameras but I almost always only use one -- my Nikon D-40.
4. As a child my favorite crayola crayon in the big 64-crayon box was always Burnt Sienna. I sometimes thought that this was a boring choice but now I think I was just way ahead of the curve on the earthtone, rust, and nature trends.
5. In the past I was frustrated when I made "a mistake" when working on a piece of art but I have come to realize that there are no errors in the process. Some of my best work has actually come from "correcting" these supposed mistakes.
6. I always seem to have an extracurricular art obsession. At one time it was searching Ebay. Then it was collecting zines. For a while it was Etsy. Now it most certainly is art blogs. Hope this obsession never ends!
Part of being tagged is to name other bloggers that I want to tag. Instead of choosing a specific list of people, I propose that anybody who would like to share an art-related quirk either do so on their blog or leave it in a comment. Tag...you're it!
On another note, I would like to send out thanks to Dinner with Picasso for including my blog in the Blog Roll Game!