Monday, March 3, 2008

Alive...with color


Last week I received a RAK - Random Act of Kindness - From Tina Shoaga. A little while back she had posted about mail art and I left a comment. Being the generous and creative person she is, she went ahead and sent me a blast of color in the mail.




And as can be seen from these photos..the insides and the outsides were equally amazing. She including some beautiful tags and a bookmark. Tina also had sewn the envelope shut. Nice touch. Visit her blog Tinas space to see more of her work. Thanks Tina!





Last week I posted about Julie from The Land of Lost Luggage and her week-long tutorial about creating journal pages. If you haven't stopped by, do so now. She presents so many tips. You will probably learn something new or be reminded of a technique you haven't used in a while. I followed along and this is what I created. Not so sure that I love the final page but I was happy trying a new approach and some new techniques. Here are some page details - please click to enlarge:






15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tina sends great mail art!

I love your page, Seth!! I really like the message in the page...the text- perfect; I just wrote down something very similar in my journal...(insert Twilight Zone music here) Thank you so much for playing along with the tutorial!!

moi said...

Seth,
You are quite welcome. i love splashing color about.
your pages are awesome!!! i have to try out julie's tutorial if this is what you came up with. luckily i have a few days off this week. gorgeous texture laden pages. great job.

moi said...

i thought they were all different pages but realised that it is all one page with pictures of sections of the page. I love the way you put it all together. so much to see.

Carmen said...

How neat!

Prairie Gothic said...

This is great. I love visiting your blog and the tutuorials are appreciated! Thanks.c

Karen Cole said...

Love your subtle use of color, Seth.

Each detailed section could be a work of art on it's own.

Gwen Buchanan said...

Love your pages...

rivergardenstudio said...

Wow, Seth, these are beautiful, so fluid and intricate in detail and so demanding of a closer look! I am inspired...I will be awaiting your books in the mail. I can hardly wait. These days it is hard to go to work, I want to be an artist at home... Thank you also for your comment on my newest post! I'll write when I get the books and then start on mine, Roxanne

Ro Bruhn said...

What fabulous art you received and created, love it all.

Anonymous said...

Hi Seth,
Your pages are so awesome! The quote is so personal and so sweet, and I'm happy to say, true for me at this time in my life. (Which I'm sure is why I can appreciate it!). Do I spy a bit of painted tyvek in some of the images?!?!? Me thinks I might :D
How nice of Tina to send you such colorful, beautiful artwork! xoxo

Lost Aussie said...

Very funky journal pages. I'm embarassed to admit I dont keep an art journal, but you are on your way to persuading me!
btw..tagged you on my blog
hugs
M

Gillian McMurray said...

I love your page. Just goes to show what can be created from a tutorial. Great inspiration. The RAK is beautiful too. Yummy colours.

Chris said...

These are so cool! And what great mail art you received!

Your phases of the moon is really awesome.

Val Foster said...

Hi Seth. I made it over to your blog, and it's worth the trip. I've been browsing around and enjoying every minute. This page is singularly awesome. I'm glad the close ups show such detail --very worthy of study. I'm so impressed and inspired by this beautiful page. I'll have to check out that tutorial. Thanks

Val Foster

.Trudi Sissons said...

Heh Seth! Top of the week to you!
What a fabulous advert for visiting Julie's tutorial. The depth of layering you've accomplished is stunning and as always, I love the thought and intelligence behind the words.
trudi