Friday, August 8, 2008

Coming Attractions

Later this month I will begin posting the newest episode of The Pulse - our second artist survey of 2008. As a preview, and to whet your appetite, here is one of the seven questions included in the survey:

Where does the magic happen? Tell us about the studio, room, corner, desk, table, floor, or wall where you make art and show us one photograph which somehow captures your creative space or a work in progress.

Believe me when I tell you that you will be fascinated by the variety of answers and mesmerized by the photographs of the workspace and works in progress of these amazing artists.

_______________________________________________




As a preview of things to come, here is one more question and answer post from the first artist survey, originally posted On The Altered Page in January 2008. Click on the link below to find out where 35 artists spend their online time.

MY CURRENT GO-TO WEBSITE IS...

_______________________________________________

Finally, here is one more preview of a number of pages I have completed for several collaborations I am working on. I am only showing glimpses until the projects are complete. As always, click to enlarge.







13 comments:

lynne h said...

seth, these pieces that you're working on are killer. hope we get to see them in their entirety at some point...

ArtPropelled said...

The glimpses have peaked my curiosity! I am loving your blog Seth. It is at the top with my favourites.

Anonymous said...

goodness me, awesome colours and textures... can't wait to see the whole lot..

Gillian McMurray said...

More tempting images. Love the cross stitching and layers. Very yummy.

sallyt said...

Waah! I wanna see 'em all the way. Seth, these fragment glimpses are so yummy. Can't wait to see them finished. Love your work and your blog. eagerly awaiting the next survey for The Pulse.

artisticdiva said...

The textures of these pieces, Seth, are absolutely fantastic. I want to reach through the computer and touch them! Although I understand those who "do" digi-scrapbooking, it's images like these that remind me I have to have the tactile component.

Ro Bruhn said...

LOVE it Seth, so very inspiring as is all your work

kate said...

Positively wonderful...and when you enlarge the image you just want to dive right in!

Anonymous said...

Nice collection of close-ups, Seth! I am especially curious about number 1...I like how it may have a unique twist to it when it's done.

Bronwyn said...

Just stunning, I love the raw gritty feel of your art.

mansuetude said...

that second image is a great photo--love the texture you are combining with color--very emotive of flesh and wounds and stitching (feminine) healing all in one.

kookaburra said...

These are fantastic. Also, thanks for including me in your latest project. It's super cool that you're bringing all these artists together & giving us a chance to see each other's work.

Judy said...

Absolutely stunning Seth, oh we are so going to have a blast in NS.?????????
xo