Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Pulse Goes Live: 08/18/08


What do Lisa Hoffman, Teesha Moore, Angela Cartwright, Julie Prichard, eb, Sarah Fishburn, &rew Borloz, Nina Bagley, azirca, Kelly Kilmer, Dawn Sokol, Ro Bruhn, Judy Wise, and Linda Woods have in common? They are just a few of the 80-plus artists (and counting) that are participating in The Pulse. Join The Altered Page on Monday August 18th for the third edition of The Pulse: an artist survey. This month long (!) project will introduce you to new artists, help you get to know familiar faces even more, and allow you access into the creative hearts and minds of a very talented crew of individuals.

For this edition of The Pulse, I am considering creating and offering for sale a printed zine to present the results of the survey on paper. Think of it as The Altered Page on the altered page. I would like to gage interest in this idea before making the decision to move forward. If you think you might have any interest (with no obligation of course) in purchasing a zine based on this project, please leave a comment or send me an email. If you want to wait until you see what The Pulse has to offer before you decide, please come back to this email and comment after the postings have begun.

See you on Monday!

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fabulous to me!

firstborn studio said...

consider me most interested!

caroline douglas said...

HI Seth,
I am very interested. Thanks to Lisa Hoffman who told me of your blog. Since I am just beginning, I looked at your first blog post and was so inspired. I love how you present things and connect people and inspire!
Kudos to you and I look forward to more enchantment from your direction.
Caroline

Anonymous said...

yay Seth! - you bet I am interested - what a wonderful hub you are - well you know what I mean...

xox - eb.

Anonymous said...

How cool would that be!? Absolutely interested!

Unknown said...

Of course I am interested, I'll be in it!! LOL

Anonymous said...

YES YES YES!!!

sf said...

Are you kidding me? Where do I sign up?
sarah

Anonymous said...

Being a Taurus, I'd love to see a "hardcopy" zine of the Pulse!

Jo Bradford said...

Hey Seth
Thanks for your comments and for your great blog - I am a new fan!! AS such I have added you to my blogroll and would like to express an interest in participating in any future projects you come up with.... Jx

Laura said...

Hi Seth,
Put me on your list of interested creative types for the zine.
~v~Laura

Night Owl Designs said...

Hi Seth, Thanks so much for vising my blog and taking the time to comment :-) I see you're in New York, that's so exciting - my dream holiday destination! Thanks again and G'day from Australia!

Sherry Goodloe said...

color me excited!

Tara's Art Camp said...

sounds like a great idea!

Chris said...

I thought I left a comment here already? I've read all these comments and, while fabulous, none of them are mine! Didn't I leave a comment here? Are you deleting my comments? My comments are good comments! I have comments, and I make them! Where's my comment, Seth ?!?!?!!!


Oh.

My partner just told me I commented over at another blog by accident.

well.

In that case, can I buy a zine?

Anonymous said...

Seth,
You already know you can count me in. See you Monday! Debbie

Leslie said...

Me too! Me too! You are such a wonderful community-builder. Thanks for that!

&rew said...

I'm interested. :-)

~*~Patty S said...

a printed zine sounds fantastic :)

Unknown said...

I think this is a great idea....can't wait for Monday!

Heather, paperfollies.typepad.com said...

yeppo...would be much interested in a zine! woohoo, something so wonderful about holding paper in one's hands! good wishes your way! heather

donna joy said...

sounds like a great idea!

Jamie said...

Count me in, too!

Anonymous said...

Count me in, this sounds like a fantastic project to begin with & even better to be able to hold it in our hands!

Sarah said...

yes I'd like a hardcopy too please

Jill said...

definitely interested!

sarahelizabeth said...

I would buy a zine. Sounds interesting.

ckw said...

yeah- today is the 18th -lookin'forward as tomorrow is also my birthday-
thanks for all you so
ckw

Unknown said...

Sounds fun...would love to take part in this project.

Sandy..... said...

Hi Seth! What a great project you are starting! I'm new and only partially talented yet, but I would love to a part of it all.
Zine? Yes!! I would love to buy a zine! I too, have added you to my "favorite blogs", thanks to reading Mistie's (phabrik)'s blog.
Yay Seth!

Fran Meneley said...

I would totally be interested in a zine of this group's responses. I love the blog format, but there is nothing like holding a zine in your hot little hands! fran

Janet said...

Seth~
Sounds like a really wonderful idea.
I'd enjoy it.
Warmest regards,
Janet

Laurie said...

Absolutely YES! Just let me know when, where and how much. :) Great job btw, so interesting to read and see all the photos from so many different artists!