Saturday, January 3, 2009

Star Light, Star Bright

First in a new series: North Star. The Star Series has directly evolved from my recent Solstice Series, and is loosley inspired by the stars and their constellations. Consider the luminosity and brightness of stars. Feel the energy that is their essence. Think of the beauty of brilliant points of light shining within the darkness of the night sky.





This series continues to make use of found metal objects from my collection. And, athough not so apparent from these images, North Star shines and catches the light with the use of metallic acrylic paint.

Ingredients: watercolor paper, acrylic paint, watercolor paint, calligraphy ink, pigment ink, dry transfer, found metal objects, wire, eyelets, brad. 6" x 4 1/2". click to enlarge.

Available for purchase in The Altered Page on Etsy.

Sold. Thank you!

16 comments:

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie Avon Miller said...

I like working in a series. The first leads to the next, and the final work would never have been made without the process of the series. It will be interesting to see where you go with this.

Karin Bartimole said...

I am loving this series of works you are doing with the found metal - the way you have combined refinement and beauty with wear and tear to create anew. In these photos, the paper appears to have that natural shimmer that birch bark trees do - a sort of glowing from within that catches light on even the cloudiest of days...

3rdEyeMuse said...

... in my next life, I want to be Chris (from Prism Trail) as she seems to get all the really good stuff ... well, and can. :)

I really, really enjoy the pieces that you have been doing lately - the found metal pieces dance in their elegant brilliance.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Natural transition from the last series.

Peggi Meyer Graminski said...

I love your work here - beautifully done! Hope you had a wonderful holiday season! ~Peggi

lklight said...

My 2 pieces form the solstice series arrived today, I love them, even better in person!
Thanks seth...

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes...very nice! Found objects, wire...nice!

Steph said...

Love it !
Happy new year to you !

FishStikks said...

I have a whole pile of found metal sitting here waiting for me to find a "place" for it all. Your pieces are amazing and I'm really hoping to be inspired by them.

Well done.

reagan said...

Captures the essence of a star. I love it!
Happy New Year to you,
Pam

Anonymous said...

Very strong piece. I love it!

Gwen Buchanan said...

Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful!!! and a year of surprises and adventures in art!!!

Shelly said...

Oh my, Seth . . . love these.
Great work.
:-)
Shelly

Lost Aussie said...

I love all the recent work you've posted on the blog! So many neat finds from New York City - I shall have to start looking down instead of up!