Saturday, January 17, 2009

What Happens in Vega...


Vega...the fourth piece in my star series. Vega is the brilliant luminary of the exquisite constellation Lyra, the Lyre or harp of antiquity. It is the fifth brightest star in the sky and one of the closer stars to the Earth. It is often referred to as the most important star in the sky following the Sun. My interpretation uses found metal objects and silver metallic acrylic as symbols of Vega's luminosity.




Ingredients: watercolor paper, cardstock, acrylic paint, pigment ink, dye ink, dry transfer, found metal objects, wire, eyelets. 6" x 4 1/2". click to enlarge.

Available for purchase in The Altered Page on Etsy.

Sold. Thank you!

11 comments:

FishStikks said...

Totally loving your found metal object series!

3rdEyeMuse said...

another fantastic piece - I love the color & balance of it. :)

Anonymous said...

Your work is absolutely stunning...to be honest, I am a little intimidated in regards to the Inner Works project ;)

Philip said...

Great idea! I wonder if you have ever though of including a light source? It's something I keep thinking I must get around to one of these days.Just a thought!

Laura said...

Love the back ground surface, really adds to the whole piece and always love the rusty stuff. Like diamonds to me.
~v~Laura

Mary Buek said...

Of course I love your art, Seth, but I reallly like the title of this post. At first I wondered what had happened to the "s". . .

Marilyn said...

Seth, these are very unique and cool pieces of art. Such thoughtful creativity and planetary explanations included!

Chris said...

where have I been? did you save this for me? I missed the other one, and the one before this one and so now the other people and I are going to have to barter rigorously with each other, you know, like in Monopoly with the properties, to get the whole series in one place. What the F? You KNOW I'm a stars and planets FREAK!! come ON!!


oh, I know. I'll commission a new series from you on the first four discovered moons of Jupiter, the Galileo satellites. Get started!


I think one is called IO, and there's an EA and a U. So that means, U make one EA of the four and IO you.

hahahahAHAAHAAH!!!


going for more coffee...

Lynn Cohen said...

How did I miss all these? Blogger must not be alerting me to all your posts. They are all so beautiful to behold.

.Trudi Sissons said...

This is beautiful - but I had to ask....were you thinking "what happens in vegas...stays in vegas?"

:0)

.Trudi Sissons said...

woops - i see Mary also had a similar question....