Thursday, July 16, 2009

Treasure Chest


Welcome to Buried Treasure: an online, collaborative project that invites art bloggers to go into the depths of their blogs and dig for buried treasure. Each participant was asked to repost one (or more) or their favorite posts from their own blog. There are so many brilliant artists out there but so little time to explore all their work fully. This gives us all an opportunity to see highlights from posts we may have missed from over 80 artists!

Click on the links below to go to the blogs of the participants. As I catch up with all the posts one by one, the links will be updated to take you directly to the repost. If you are a blogger who has gone digging for gold and you do not find your name on the list, please email me and I will add your link. Please note that soon these links will be transferred to the sidebar of my blog and will always be easily accesible!

Thanks go out to all the participants and to each and every person viewing these posts. Don't forget to leave your comments. And have the best time on your treasure hunt!!

Debrina's Diary
Altered Bits
Not Mass Produced
Rosemoo's Blog
Just a Note
textures shapes and colors
are you flowin?
Old Paper Art
Ophelia's Collage Creations
3rd Eye Muse
A New York Magpie's Eye
Queen of Arts
ragtags studio central
The Weaver of Grass
Rosa & Josie's
Secret Notebooks...wild pages
Sun Soul Art Thoughts
A Man Who Crafts
The Land of Lost Luggage
Prism Trail!
The Other Side of Somewhere
rodrigvitz style
Gillian McMurray
Anonova Art
pritistudio
JazWorks
Of Stars and Hummingbirds
One Day at a Time
The Poetic Artist
Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart
Lumilyon
Mick Mathers Art Blog
A Million Universes
Flights of Fancy
One A Day
Altered by the Sea
Green Paper
Remnants of Olde
marilyn grad functional art blog
Junky Trinkets - post #1
Junky Trinkets - post #2
Art Propelled
red or gray depends on the day
Expression Studio
Girl Gone Thread Wild
LaWendeltreppe
Alice and Camilla
Altered Book Lover
Bluebirds Living in the Meadow
Merlin's Musings
Working Projects
Soul Glo
Jennifer Lorton
Housecat Confidential
atelier Curio studio
Lost Aussie on the Loose
creatively anew
Fully Flumoxed
Dog in the Hole Studio
Lani Puppetmaker's Blog Spot
Debbie Overton Designs
Marilyn Fenn Studio
Altered Attic
Studio Sylvia
MMCA Marketplace
KV Creative Designs
Truly Spacious
Artful Adventures
The Wright Stuff
Dryadart's Weblog
Lucky Dip
Soul Humming - post #1
Soul Humming - post #2
Magpie's Nest
TYPOS.DAYLIGHT.FATE
Diane Did It
Found in Japan
Ginny's Chaos
Follow Your Bliss
the evolution of nancy
Something Sublime
River Garden Studio
Art in Redwagons
Caroline at Coastcard
Halle's Hobbies
Memories & Treasures
The Altered Page

20 comments:

ELK said...

thanks for doing this Seth, I look forward to visiting all of the above...elk

MrCachet said...

Simply amazing! I'm on eye-candy overload, and can't drag myself back to my drawing board.

THANK YOU!

Sarah said...

eek I'm only just back from work, hope I'm not too late! off to re-post my treasure :)

Unknown said...

Wow Seth! I saw Lumilyon's post and was inspired to dig deeper in an old post of my own. I know I'm late to be on your blog roll - but I enjoyed the challenge anyway :)

You are the guy with great ideas :)

Caroline Gill said...

Seth, perhaps better late than never. I have followed Weaver's example, and have re-posted an old Coastcard post here...

KV Creative Designs said...

Thanks Seth for hosting this! It is a wonderful idea and I am enjoying all the posts!
Artful Blessings,
Kathryn

Jill said...

What a wonderful talent fest of artwork that is definitely worth making the time to look at. It's great because we get to see a favorite post from the past of each artist. And, like you've commented, we can see changes over time in one's focus, style, direction, thought and even medium to work in. Here's a standing ovation for you and a huge round of applause for everyone who took the time to dig into their treasure chest of posts for a favorite!

mansuetude said...

what a group.
i should of played.
you should make this a yearly tradition!

Chris said...

Look at this list you've compiled. You astound me.

Off to read every one.

Anonymous said...

this is so much fun! thanks so much for doing this, seth. i'm going to go peruse all of the links now. exciting!

have a great day and thank you again!!

georgia b. said...

this is one of the best ideas i've seen in blog land in a while! i love it. i will have to join in next time.

3rdEyeMuse said...

I've barely gotten started and already I'm giddy. thanks for hosting such a great play date. :)

girlgonethreadwild said...

Seth, I stand corrected! I thought this would be easy, but when I sat down to REALIZE I must narrow it down to my favorite (I purposely chose not to go "favorites" so to make it more meaningful)..I had a fun time retracing my steps!

Thank you..

some days I ask myself WHY IT IS that I blog.. of course, the answer stares me right in the face..

COMMUNICATION. PARTNERSHIP. PARTICIPATION.

Thanks for the ride!

michelle ward said...

genius! *applause*
count me in....while i visit your extensive list i will ponder my own contribution.
again, genius!

MrCachet said...

What a day, Seth! And I didn't get through all of them. I'll have to start earlier tomorrow.

Brenda said...

Awesome! What a creative mind you have! I posted mine, and am finally getting back to you. Thanks for all the other bloggers -re-sharing their work!
Here is the link to my repost:
http://memoriesandtreasures.blogspot.com/2008/10/petticoat-and-baby.html
Thanks again Seth!

Jo Reimer said...

This was such a good idea, Seth. I'm having a great time looking at everyone's favorites. Thanks for doing this.

deb did it said...

I'm in...here I go....going back one year....THANKS FOR THIS FUN JOURNEY BACK IN TIME!

Cathy said...

Wow, what a treasure chest, and this is the day I promised myself I wouldn't be on the computer all day reading blogs..haha.

Debrina said...

Wonderful list Seth and I've had such fun perusing...but argghh...you have my old blog url listed. It's now: debrinaaltered.blogspot.com