Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Little Bird Told Me...




Lawendula at Woven Letters has recently begun to sponsor a monthly paper exchange. When you sign up, she pairs you with a partner and you each exchange paper based on a monthly theme. The first month was simply paper. The second month was tags. The next exchange will be after the holidays in January. I participated in the first swap and was happily matched with Robert Stockton, whose wonderful collages can be seen on Absolute Arts. He and I have similar likes and the package I received from him, as you can see below, was full of paper treasures!




________________


Who says DisCo is dead???





Those of you who were following my blog over the course of this past year will remember DisCo -- my Disintegration Collaboration. Kris Henderson has set up a project based on DisCo which she is calling the Erosion Bundle Project. So if you missed participating through my blog this past year or you want to have another go, head over to her blog. You have until January 1 to sign up.

For more DisCo news, head over to these posts on Laura Lein-Svencner's blog Lonecrow Art and Collage. Beginning in October, Laura organized a Paper Bundle collaboration through the LaGrange Art League in Illinois. As you will see, she even got some great press!
_______________

Thanks to everybody who has recently bought my Pulse Zine that I had made from the
3rd edition of The Pulse. I just wanted to let you all know that there are currently three copies from the second printing left in my Etsy shop. I will be printing another set of copies but given time limitations, these are not likely to be available until early 2010. So if you have been thinking about getting a copy for yourself or as a gift...strike while the iron is hot!

12/2 update: 2nd printing sold out. Thank you! Email for info on 2010 availability.
_______________

The newest issue of Pasticcio Quartz has just been released. I sing the praises of this zine every time it is published because it is a spectacularly creative publication that is filled with unending information and inspiration. Angela Cartwright and Sarah Fishburn must work overtime for each issue. You can get more information about Pasticcio Quartz here!


_______________

Do you know about the Inspiration Station icon on the sidebar of my blog?


When I come across a blog post, an artist, a video, a book, an artwork, or anything else that inspires me, I update the Station with the new link. The date of the update is also listed so you can keep track of when they change.
_______________


Thanks to everybody for the positive feedback on my first Secret Sunday post. Remember, that was just the first of many. Visit The Altered Page every Sunday for a new post. This Sunday November 29, keep your eyes and ears open for secrets about products. And who doesn't need more of those???

_______________

17 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

Always so much great stuff to read about over here, Seth. I am starting a new award..I hereby award you with the BEST CONTENT ON A CONTINUAL BASIS award... put that on your mantle.

Happy Thanksgiving

Lawendula said...

Thank you so much, Seth! Very nice. And lovely papers, by the way. Ah and the next swap is about cards! :)

ooglebloops said...

Wow, so much stuff to read about!!!You definitely have earned Julie's "award"!!!!!I learned alot from others' "secrets", and am going right now to check out the swap!!
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Gillian McMurray said...

You've got an absolute treasure of papers from Robert Stockton. Love the photo of the bird. It looks very happy to be on your blog.

Karin Bartimole said...

Thanks for all the leads Seth - what a treasure trove of papers!! I love your little birdie :)
Hope you had a peaceful and yummy Thanksgiving!

Mary S. Hunt said...

you give the most interesting information!
thankyou

layers said...

so much information here-- don't know where to start-- so will just thank you for all the tips and places to check out and things to do..
donna

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, the links, the paper you exchanged, the information. It all adds up to one wonderful post. Hope your Thanksgiving was as super as you!

Bea said...

Ok, I've posted reminders to my blog readers to check out your blog, Julie's blog, Woven Letters, whew! Lots happening and I would hate for anybody to miss out of things. Thanks for keeping us updated, Seth. :)Bea

Anonymous said...

I've just ordered from your ETSY shop - thanks so much

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

A blog title like that is gaurunteed to get my attention! Great the bird too, very sweet!
Lovely bunch of papers you got and thanks for the links. I shall wander...

Anonymous said...

That reminds me, I still have a collection of papers and whatnot for you back home in Tn!

Unknown said...

Seth. You gather the most amazing stuff over here...bravo to you! Off to catch up on all the Sunday Secrets...

Kim Palmer said...

OMG, how do you ever keep up with everything and still find time for your own art Seth? Love all the inspiration you provide!

Leslie said...

I love that everyone is sharing this stuff. What a wonderful project, Seth! I have been taking lots of notes.

Chris said...

Seth, thanks for bringing so many great things to my attention! You are always full of great inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Pretty interesting blog you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read more soon.

Best regards