Thursday, July 15, 2010

Treasure Chest 2010


Welcome to Buried Treasure: an online, collaborative project that invites art bloggers to go into the depths of their blogs and dig for buried treasure. Each participant was asked to repost one (or more) or their favorite posts from their own blog. There are so many brilliant artists out there but so little time to explore all their work fully. This gives us all an opportunity to see highlights from posts we may have missed from so many of our favorite bloggers!

Click on the links below to go to the blog posts of the participants. Please check back here often as I will be updating this list continuously as more people post. The links are numbered so you can keep track of what you have seen. Believe you me, this will take you more than one sitting. Please note that you can also link to this post from my sidebar so that these links will always be easily accessible!

If you are a blogger on a treasure hunt and you do not find your name on the list, please email me and I will add your link.

Thanks go out to all the participants and to each and every person viewing these posts. Don't forget to leave comments at the sites you visit. And have the best time on your treasure hunt!!

**It is not too late to post your very own Buried Treasure on your blog, even if you have not yet signed up. Just repost your own favorite blog post, email me when it goes live, and I will add your name to the list below. I will close the collaboration to new participants on Sunday night July 18th.


01 This Artist's Place
02 Jude's Art Blog
03 Gillian McMurray Artist and Craftperson
04 Scrap Dreams
05 Just a Note
06 Marilyn Grad
07 Lucky Dip
08 Altered Attic
09 Life as a Five Ring Circus
10 Caroline at Coastcard
11 Housecat Confidential
12 Often Medieval in Mood
13 Junky Trinkets
14 inkhaven
15 The Crow Road
16 Wandering Heart Studios
17 Ruminations, Rambles, Reflexions
18 Penumbra
19 Altered Book Lover
20 A Man Who Crafts
21 Lani Puppetmaker's Blogspot
22 Rosemoo's Blog
23 Bohemian Shadows
24 Working Projects
25 Balzer Designs
26 Danny Gregory
27 The Altered Page
28 Something Sublime
29 Pentimento
30 A Journey in Creativity
31 Marit's Paper World
32 Old Paper Art
33 My Time Out of the World
34 Altered Art & Stuff
35 Mick Mathers Art Blog
36 Auntie Mim's
37 Gilding Lilies
38 Fully Flummoxed
39 Kim Mailhot
40 Dog in the Hole Studio
41 JazWorks
42 Sacred Art Images
43 Joanie Hoffman
44 The Poetic Artist
45 A Million Universes
46 Dryadart's Weblog
47 textures shapes and color
48 My LA Art Diary
49 Collage Whirl
50 Found-Art
51 Beanie Mouse
52 The Land of Lost Luggage
53 Art Propelled
54 Dos Brazos Art
55 Numinosity
56 Outside the Lines
57 Bluebirds Living in the Meadow
58 Blue Sky Dreaming
59 Tumble Fish Studio
60 Sue Brown Printmaker
61 Art Saves Lives
62 An Art Soul
63 Bohemian Caravan
64 True Adventures of an Art Addict
65 The Hyphenate
66 Mango Studio - Rodrigvitz Style
67 Follow your Bliss
68 Handmade by Jessica
69 HeARTworks
70 Create with Joy
71 LumiLyon
72 Writing from Life
73 Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart
74 Just Deez' Art & Life
75 One Day at a Time
76 Found-Art
77 Altered Bits

13 comments:

Mick said...

Another fine stack of creativity to surf through, Seth. Congrats on a second year of this project.

Sharmon Davidson said...

Wow, Seth, what a great idea! I, for one, feel like I miss so much because I just don't always have time to sit down and read everyone's posts every time. I love this; maybe you could do it a couple of times a year! Also, I'd like to participate if it's not too late. Thanks!

Poetic Artist said...

Seth,
Where am I, I thought I sent you a message to be included..Did your forget me???LOL Or did you not get my message.
Katelen

Leslie Avon Miller said...

I'm posting a Buried Treasure. Thanks Seth.

Beanie Mouse said...

Hiya!! Just posted two buried treasures, one on the found-art blog and the other on Beanie Mouse's blog!
Hope you enjoy...! (grab a coffee first!

merci33 said...

This is fabulous Seth...buried treasure indeed.

NOW...to be able to sift through all of this gold over the next few days...ahhhh.

JilLy said...

An over the top- stellar collaboration by you Seth! You create the idea, run with it, put it all together for everyone's pleasure and for that- tremendous appreciation, kudos, thank yous and gratefulness is bestowed upon you. Will relish the time i will spend reading everyone's best picks! Thanks so much for this generous time honored gift you've given to us!

Lise said...

Hi Seth !

You will find my Buried Treasure at the following link :
http://www.lisehofmann.com/2010/07/buried-treasure.html

Sorry, my pc has trouble and I am unable to send e-mails. :)

Thanks for this project and the opportunity to share our work.

Create With Joy said...

What an awesome project Seth! Could you add my link to the list?

http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com/2010/07/buried-treasure-house-of-treasure.html

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

Joanie Hoffman said...

Thank you, Seth, for this great collaboration! I found so many Buried Treasures on blogs I follow and on some new-to-me blogs. And I received wonderful comments from others on my own Buried Treasure.
It was fun to go through my older stuff and I feel like much of it is much freer than now. Something for me to think about...
Happy days,
Joanie

Unknown said...

Thanks Seth for putting this together.

Svetlana said...

Thanks Seth for encouraging me to join. It’s been fun going trough all blogs (although I may need massage after all). Such collaboration makes you really think how wide and deep is world of art.

altered bits said...

haha! with all of this travel and crazy summer stuff i did soooo great to get my buried treasure post up in time. i did, however, forget to tell you about it. whoops! next time i'll be more with it. :)

i have been loving seeing all of the posts!