Sunday, March 6, 2011

Collectors Edition: Chapter 10


Welcome to the fourth edition of The Pulse -- The State of the Art -- a survey in words and pictures of the online artist community. Nearly 150 artists have answered a list of questions which make up The Pulse. Their responses will be presented as a series of online and print projects. Links to the first four projects (Secret Sunday, The Book Guild, StudioScapes, Viewer's Choice) can be found on the sidebar of my blog.



Collectors Edition is the fifth installment in which your favorite artists share their favorite collection or obsession.
_______________



One of my obsessions is layering acrylics on different surfaces, writing onto the surfaces, painting more, writing more…. And then turning them into something cool.  I have been making wallets, art journals, and decorative pillows from fused plastic bags, using this layering method. 
_______________



My stamp collection.
_______________



"Jewelry bowl" was taken when I was getting ready for a vendor sale and had many pieces of completed jewelry all at once (a rarity).
_______________



My camera.
_______________



My very small collection of antique shell covered boxes.
_______________



Clocks
_______________



"First Light" 6x6 mixed media, is a combination of my 2 obsessions at the moment. Photography and birds. I carry my Canon Powershot with me wherever I go. The image of birds sitting on power lines or in bare tree branches is very moving to me and I just can't get enough of them. Using mixed media techniques, I can combine my love of photography and painting and the bird imagery to produce this series.
_______________

Craftsman furniture and Ephraim Pottery
_______________



Knitting installation.
_______________



My little tiny pig collection.
_______________

Next Collectors Edition Post - 3/13/11

18 comments:

jilly said...

If I were wearing socks, they'd be knocked right off. What a smile filled post- and again- such varied collections and brilliant shots! Thanks so much Seth for keeping this brilliant show going!!

Anonymous said...

hmm..

good to see what everyone holds close to their hearts.

Thanks for including me!

lyle baxter said...

thanks for reminding me! its fun to see others treasured things. your email got me thinking "collections" its amazing how many things we all collect. in the future if earth is still around the people will wonder what all that stuff was for!

Unknown said...

Wonderful combinations of treasures to swoon over! Would love to see more than a glimpse of Brian's gorgeous Craftsman furniture!

Lisa said...

Seth..Bruce was my comment.. that's my husband...my kids must have created a google account for him and I just discovered I am leaving comments in his name. Anyway, I'm sure he would agree about Brian's furniture!

Anonymous said...

Great collections...love to see people's collections displayed. It's hard to display though if what you collect is less tangible....like super creative moments...(:
XOXOrly

Createology said...

Simplicity is! I have enjoyed this Collectors Edition. Thank you Brian Kasstle for introducing me to this amazing site.

Julie Prichard said...

What a machine the Pulse is! Still going strong after all these years...you're the best, Seth!

rivergardenstudio said...

Seth! These collections are so wonderful and colorful AND unique! They look even better than ever on my new computer, and I need to explore all the links. Thank you so much for opening up the world of art and collections to us!

Lynn Cohen said...

Always fun to see.

sf said...

Joanna! Do you have a three-legged piggie?

Karen Cole said...

I'm exhausted.

SO MUCH to look at here. I still want to know how you do it. I think there should be a book in the works about how to juggle art and ........just about anything else.

I love all of the collections, the book reviews......and oh, to see all of the exhibits you get to see. Drool drool, sigh sigh.

joanna pierotti said...

love seeing my pigs Seth :) I have quite a story how this all came about. You do such a great job.

ArtPropelled said...

Such an interesting series of posts! I'm really enjoying the variety of obsessions.

Julie Shackson said...

Such wonderful collections! I particularly love those green ceramics on the hand-crafted cabinet and the clocks.

Leslie said...

There's a lot to love about this collection of collections. I'm off to explore.

Thanks, Seth. And Karen's right.

Anonymous said...

Now that's a camera! Great collections...as always! Thanks for sharing these with us.

Parabolic Muse said...

oh, I'm with Becky!

And that photo of Julie with her camera is worth a thousand words.