Friday, February 1, 2013

Pulse 6: Open Call



It is once again time to take your pulse! The Pulse is a collaborative experience that has been part of The Altered Page since January 2008. Its purpose is to "tap into the pulse" of the online, art community. With so many talented and creative artists to follow, I thought it would be fun, informative, and inspiring to bring them together through a series of ongoing projects, which have included: five online editions, a zine, my book The Pulse of Mixed Media published by North Light Books, and a series of live artist panels. 

I am now gathering participants for the newest version of The Pulse and every person who submits will be included. In a bit of a twist, this sixth edition will collect your favorites in 10 categories. The results will be tallied and collated and will form the basis for a series of online resource manuals for both artists and art lovers.

All the information you need to participate can be found at this link, which can be accessed at any time from both the [PULSE 6 OPEN CALL] tab just under my header as well as my sidebar. But tally your favorites quickly -- the submission deadline is 3/3/13.

5 comments:

Erin in Morro Bay said...

Count me in! Already thinking about my answers and eager to see what everyone else thinks.
Erin

Carol said...

I would love to participate although it will be hard to narrow down to one favorite- quite a challenge!

The Creative Beast said...

Thank goodness I caught this post in time to participate! I look forward to seeing the final compilation and discovering some new sites to find inspiration (and supplies!) =-)

Kathleen Harrington said...

Great challenge. I've e-mailed you my responses.

Shirley A said...


This is my first time & so looking forward to the opportunity -