Sunday, April 27, 2014

It's Random


Been down in Saluda, North Carolina for the past few days. I am here to teach 3 days of workshops at  Random Arts. Both the town (population of about 600) and the shop are very, very special. 


Random Arts is filled with the best selection of art supplies, gifts, and artful clothes. But the best part for me was the huge selection of one-of-a-kind flea market finds. I am leaving with a big bag!


There was a great group of artists taking my first workshop: Shredded Silhouettes. Here are some of them in action.


Evidence of the creativity that filled the room.


Nothing like happy people at the end of a workshop.


A quick video showing the unbelievably amazing work that was created.


The next day, the creative fun continued with a 2-day workshop: For Your Eyes Only


More on this workshop in an upcoming post...

10 comments:

Hastypearl said...

Seth, you are close enough to my sweet son, if you could go outside and yell hello, or wait, in those parts...I think you would holler! I think the hills and trees would carry your greeting to him from me :) Looks like a wonderful location and some fun going on! Laura.

Sharon W. said...

looks like a tee-rif-ick workshop. Sigh.

Kathryn Dyche said...

Looks like a neat place and I love the creations.

Jo Murray said...

Those ladies did some great work. LOVE the shop.

Nan G said...

Looks like a lot of fun was had by all. Some marvelous makes from the class.

nelda said...

Can't wait to see what's in that big bag!

Jackie PN said...

Seth,great photos- and yep, looks like the ladies got creative and had fun! Now...whats in the bag!!! Do tell! teehee

Renee said...

Amazing art work! The shop looks awesome too.

Carol said...

Oh, that shop! Sigh... Your classes look great. I'm so thrilled to be able to do one next August, can't wait.

www.mbtukstore.com said...

wow.. nice working environment for artwork.. loved you people's work. i wish i could be there too..
good luck Seth