Sunday, August 2, 2015

The Week Links: 61

Join me every Sunday when I share some of my favorite links I discovered in the previous week.
All previous links can be found here.

And here is Week 61...


Marion Bockelmann celebrates book nerds in this Postage People series.

Alphabet City: The A to Z guide to Jean-Michel Basquiat.

Lee John Phillips is drawing 100,000+ items from his grandfather's tool shed.

Embroidered houses and homes from Stephanie Clark.

Street artists in Mexico cover an entire neighborhood with color.

Loving the Vegan Mosquito from Roxanne Coble and James Siciliano.

Ever hear of North Brother Island in NYC? Me neither. It is the perfect example of beautiful decay.

13 comments:

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Thank you for some more great links, Seth! I especially enjoy the painted houses in Mexico and the embroidered houses. I sure wish the mosquitoes here were vegan, lol.
Have a great Sunday!
Julia

bockel24 said...

Thank you so much for posting the book nerds link, Seth!

elle said...

Home is where the heart is? Sad island, unwelcome guests, creative community, showstopping landscapes, the junk drawer supersized, the minutia of living, and last but not least the library. :) LUV those embroideries!!! thanks

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

Seth -- loved the book nerds link -- how could I have missed her blog? I use all the same ephemera and so fun to see what someone else does with similar paper items. I hope she will trade with me. Thanks, Seth.

Carol said...

Always Interesting. Thankyou!

Beulah Bee said...

Really enjoyed the North Brother Island link. Some of the photos reminded me a bit of your artistic style and perhaps where you find inspiration. I am mesmerized by photos of old decayed buildings with scant artifacts that tie them to their former purpose. One of my favorite series is Michael Eastman's Cuba portfolio.

Jo Murray said...

I find ALL these links particularly appealing Seth....for various reasons. Urban art is always of interest, but I really enjoyed learning more about Basquiat. As for North Brother Island, a photographers paradise.

Unknown said...

Great links!

Unknown said...

Esp liked the link to North Brother Island. Thnx for posting it Seth :)

dorit elisha said...

Will you be going to Brother Island any time soon? I would if I lived in NY..

Kathleen Harrington said...

Such great links this week. I loved all the old rusty stuff across the links, the thorough piece on Basquiat, and the beautiful colorful neighborhood. What an amazing week of links

donna joy said...

LOVE the images of N brother island. i follow a few people online that go to abandoned bldgs for photographs. Love the books-and rust.

by BUN said...

Thanks for the link love Seth! xo