Sunday, November 29, 2015

The Week Links: 78

Join me every Sunday when I share some of my favorite links I discovered in the previous week. Earlier posts in the series can be found here.

And here is Week 78...


1. Incredible 3-D lettering that absolutely pops off the page from Tolga Girgin - first seen here on Design Taxi.


2. The Painter's Primer: A Survival Kit. 100 suggestions on living and working as an artist. Thanks to Dina Wakley for the link.


3. Even the works in progress from Roxanne Coble are amazing.


4. Incredible surface created by Alaric Hammond via etching and corrosion on zinc plates. Seen earlier this month at the Saatchi Gallery in London.


5. Looking forward to getting Daily Rituals: How Artist's Work by Mason Currey after reading excerpt in the current issue of Professional Artist Magazine.


6. My friends - Mary Beth Shaw, Julie Fei-Fan Blazer, Nathalie Kalbach and Dina Wakley are all featured on the new DVD Art Journaling Live 2. Well done!


7.  One of two gorgeous Rothko paintings auctioned off on 11/4 at Sotheby's in NYC as part of the A. Alfred Taubman collection.


8 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Thanks for all the FUN links! So COOL!!!!

Sisterhood of the Muse said...

Can't wait to read Daily Rituals. Which do you follow? Have a great day!

elle said...

Great collection of collections. Luv the lettering!

Martice Smith said...

Oooo weeee, Seth! These links are so cool! Looking forward to checking them out. I'm intrigued with those etched zinc plates...thank you :)

Unknown said...

I love the 100 suggestions post! I will have to bookmark that one!

Jo Murray said...

Oh to own a Rothko....sigh. Daily Rituals is on my wishlist too.

donna joy said...

Great links again! Love the Painter's Primer-sending that one along to all my art friends~
Got to see some original Rothko's in houston earlier this yr. A lot of black. :)

z papieru robione said...

drip drop die is amazing!!!!!