Tuesday, November 29, 2016

IG Love: Michelle Geller

Instagram has become a source of inspiration and a place of exploration for me. I am constantly discovering artists who are new to me and whose work speaks to me. Wanting to share my finds with those of you who already are on IG and the many who may not be on the platform, I have decided to share my "finds" on my blog in sporadic posts entitled IG Love.


IG LOVE 1: Michelle Geller



"I made this journal to document a trip that I knew would be very special - my daughter and I went on a week long road trip that started in Twain Harte, California where she had worked during the summer for the U.S. Forestry Service (she's a botanist) and would end with several days in Joshua Tree.


We traveled through the Yosemite Valley and along Highway 395 which was a part of the state I knew well from many camping trips my family had gone on when I was a little girl.


Our plan was to do a lot of hiking, camping and exploring so I needed this journal to be connected to the earth.


I tea- and rusted-stained vintage ephemera using a technique I learned from Orly Avineri to make the pages.


I the bound the pages using found leather and string into old German book covers.


This journal is very fragile and vulnerable and every time I touch it, I risk damaging it...just like the spectacular places my daughter and I visited on our trip.


It is also soothing and comfortable to hold...just like the memories my daughter and I created on our trip and the tender childhood memories that my heart carries."


Thanks Michelle for allowing me to share!

12 comments:

elle said...

What a yummy journal!

Jo Murray said...

Such a treasure!

Sandy said...

I love all of Michelle's work and have been following her for awhile. I fell in love with this journal when I saw her post it. She's so talented.

Orly said...

I love this so soooooo much Michelle, and you, and Seth. So blessed to have such incredibly gentle and creative souls cross my path and teach me lessons of beauty and connectedness. XO, Orly

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

I love the Book Michelle made and I loved seeing more pages . I agree Instagram can be very inspiring. Thanks Seth.

Unknown said...

What an amazing book to document the special journey Michelle shared with her daughter. I love it!

Brian Kasstle said...

Just fantastic! Wonderful Michelle! Thank you Seth!

Caterina Giglio said...

wow, wow, wow... I will follow, thank you!

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing, Seth. beautiful piece!

Karen@littlebirdiequilting said...

Thanks for introducing us to Michelle's work.

Sandie said...

beautiful! Thanks for sharing Seth!

back.roads said...

This is such a gorgeous journal!