Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Create with Me: 2017

CREATE WITH ME
I am finalizing details for my 2017 workshops which will take me across the United States and to a number of International locations. I am scheduled (or making plans) to teach in New York, Maryland, Arizona, North Carolina, New Mexico, California, Virginia, Washington, Kentucky, Missouri, Massachusetts, Wisconsin, and Connecticut.  Internationally, I will be teaching in Canada, Australia and the UK. 

I have posted my 2017 teaching schedule as it stands today on my workshop page. Registration is already open for many venues and for others it is "save the date." Some workshops are filled already. My schedule seems pretty packed to me already but there will definitely be additional classes posted as they are finalized.

Here are the highlights. Head to the workshop page for registration details and direct links:

JANUARY takes me to Savage, Maryland where I will be teaching 3 workshops (2 of which are all-new) at The Queen's Ink. I then head to Phoenix, Arizona for Creativation, the annual trade show for the Craft & Hobby Association, where I am teaching 1 (sold out) class. 

In FEBRUARY I head overseas to Birmingham in the UK, where I will be teaching 2 classes for attendees only of the CHSI Stitches Trade Show.

MARCH leads me to Donna Downey Studios in Huntersville, North Carolina for the first time for a special 3-day workshop weekend. Late in the month I have the good fortune to head back to The Mabel Dodge Luhan House in Taos, New Mexico where I will be hosting A Case of Curiosities -a 5-day art retreat in collaboration with Roxanne Evans Stout. Can't make it in March ? -- we are repeating this event in October.

In APRIL I return to the Art is You retreat in Santa Rosa, California where I will be teaching a new, very special 3-day workshop called Table of Contents. In addition, I will be collaborating with Kecia Deveney there for the first time as we debut our new class Animal Magnetism.

MAY takes me back to Artistic Artifacts in Alexandria, Virgina to teach 2 workshops. 

JUNE  brings me to the west coast, first to the magical Whidbey Island off the coast of Washington at Pacific Northwest Art School where I am teaching a 5-day retreat. Then I head to Idyllwild Arts in Idyllwild, California for the first time where I am teaching 3 classes.

In JULY, I am thrilled to be heading back to Australia for the third year in a row. I will first be teaching for 5 days at the Fibre Arts Australia retreat in Ballarat, Victoria. This workshop is now full. Details are in the works but I will be following that up with workshops in Sydney and perhaps a third location.

AUGUST takes me to Mineral Point, Wisconsin for the first time, where I am teaching 3 workshops as part of the Art Adventure Retreat at Shake Rag Alley.

SEPTEMBER brings me back to Papercraft Clubhouse in Westbrook, Connecticut for 2 workshops and then back to Ephemera Paducah in Paducah, Kentucky, where I will be teaching along side of Mary Beth Shaw, Pam Carriker and Traci Bautista as part of a very special retreat: An Art Journal Affair. This event is filled.

In OCTOBER I return to the Mabel Dodge Luhan House in Taos, New Mexico for a second helping of A Case of Curiosities - a 5-day art retreat in collaboration with Roxanne Evans Stout that we are also hosting in March.

NOVEMBER takes me to St. Louis, Missouri and a return trip to Mary Beth Shaw's studio where we will again collaborate on a weekend workshop.

I hope you can join me for some creative play. 

16 comments:

Nancy said...

Looking forward to some classes in NY or CT.

Missouri Bend Paper Works said...

Pretty amazing schedule....you have a fabulous year ahead!! Cheers, Patti

Wisher said...

Wishing I could do another class with you. When you come to UK are you only doing "Stitches?"

Cindy said...

Wow!! Looks fantastic!! (I'm just grateful I was able to take a workshop with you when you were near home in Westchester. Wish I could travel!)

KGumkowski said...

Looking forward to your return to Papercraft Clubhouse in September,I'll tell Tracie to bubble wrap the pole😉

joy said...

Sure would be a dream come true to take a class with you, Seth! As my age and budget are a bit limited, I am thoroughly enjoying three of your classes I purchased as downloads. Am currently preparing my cards to make a 52 Pickup Journal in 2017. I hope I will be able to get the 52 cards ready in order to journal once a week in the new year. Also have plans to make one of your uniquely bound books in which to put sample techniques, etc. One of my favorite artsy things to do is make collage postcards and I will be using your collage techniques to enhance my work in the future. Thanks for your inspiration, Seth.

Sharon Y said...

Wow, that is quite the schedule for 2017 Seth! So excited that I get to take your Creativation class! See you next month.

shirley said...

Looking forward to the Sydney details! :D

Mary C. Nasser said...

Looks like another amazing, art-filled year for you, Seth!
Looking forward to you returning to Mary Beth's studio in St. Louis!!

Indira said...

A wonderful selection of workshops and classes! My dream is to attend the one at Taos. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Unknown said...

Some terrific events Seth!! You mentioned MASSACHUSETTS, are you really going there and if so when??
TAOS sure has tone too.......lots of lucky artists out there!!
Karen

Unknown said...

A lot of journeying, Seth :)
Am looking forward to the blogs you will make about the art created during your workshops.

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Wow! So many fun places to share and inspire others! You are in demand Seth...enjoy! Congratulations on all the wonderful things happening for you!
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

whyducks said...

Boy,oh boy, what a busy bee you are, enjoy. Don't forget some YOU time too. Have fun, sorry you aren't coming back to my neck of the woods this time.x

Birgit said...

What a terrific schedule and great classes. Unfortunately the only one in Europe I cannot attend, because I am on duty that week. rary
Hope you will come to Germany some day - as a librarian I would love the "Library of Memories"

Mary Thoma said...

Put me down for the November St. Louis workshop with MaryBeth Shaw and yourself. If I make it to one of your workshops...ever...this would be the one. Sincerely, MT.