Monday, May 1, 2017

ArtExpo 2017 Review

Thrilled to have exhibited at ArtExpo New York for the third time. 


Now in its 39th year, this annual art fair takes place on Pier 94 in NYC, a huge space that held 400+ booths.


Set up day is always exciting. The whole show and all its possibilities are ahead of you. 


It is also a bit overwhelming as you have to set up the booth


With a bit of time, some nails and perhaps a little magic...voila!


Of course there is the obligatory artist in the booth shot.


Happily as the days passed, some red dots appeared.


Saw some exhibitors I knew and met new ones as well.


And spent many hours connecting with the other artists in my row.


I made a number of connections that I am hopeful will lead to some future opportunities. And some of my favorites now have a new home.


I will slowly be adding some of the unsold pieces to my online shop. Right now, click here to browse all the 4"x4" pieces available.


Until next year......

12 comments:

Nikki Acton said...

Sounds wonderful Seth and love seeing all your fabulous artwork together.

artangel said...

What a fantastic location to exhibit your work! And congratulations on all your red dots - very well deserved :-)

Karen said...

Great view of your art world! Love the art, love the textures, colors... How great that you can incorporate your own dies etc. Did I say I LOVE it!

Squiddy said...

Glad you had a productive time there, and looking forward to "Sold-Sticker Red" in your paint line :)

Caterina Giglio said...

Congratulations! Looks like it was a great show, and how wonderful to sell so many pieces.. So very happy for you...

Marit said...

Congratulations with the exhibition ánd the red dots - those are the best! I hope someday to be able to meet you in NYC or see you at an exhibition (or both!)
I want to point out this blogpost by Angela ("Felix the Crafty Cat") to you 'cause I just visited her blog and was in ooh and awee... she used your stamps, dies and stencils in a very special way. You really should take a look at that post Seth, you'll be amazed! Big hug from the Netherlands my friend.

Marit said...

Oops, forgot to give you the link... https://angelacuttingandcarving.blogspot.nl/2017/05/monday-with-seth-apter-stamps-and-dies.html

Fliss said...

Glad to here that all went so well Seth and that you had lots of red dots too.
Congrtulations on your sales and can see you had a great time.
Fliss x

Brian Kasstle said...

Congratulations Seth! Looks like an amazing success! One day I hope to be in town for it!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That looks like a brilliant place, just wish I could have been there. Pleased to hear that you sold so many pieces just makes space for more creations! Have a great week, Angela x

Kirsten said...

Your artwork made a wonderful display. I'm so pleased you got lots of red dots!

A Pink said...

Sounds like one fantastic time! Seth. Yay for those people with taste who now proudly own a piece of your art. With so many of your amazing works of art displayed I don't know how the buyers managed to choose. I'd still be there now agonising, wanting them all!
Congratulations .
x