Tuesday, September 19, 2017

10 Techniques for Painting Layers in Mixed Media

Yesterday I announced the upcoming release of a new DVD/downloadable video titled 10 Techniques for Mixed-Media Artists. Today, I get to preview a second DVD/downloadable video that I will soon be adding to my collection:

10 Techniques for Painting Layers in Mixed Media
A Seth Apter Creative Workshop

This 124-minute long workshop video focuses on techniques for creating paint layers in mixed media art. Step-by-step I demonstrate multiple approaches to paint application including ombre effect, blackout technique, translucent layering, subtractive splatter, brayer basics and more.

Here is a brief preview of what you will find inside

I will share more details when the DVD/video is released in late September/early October. You can preorder a signed copy now in my online shop and, at the same time, browse through my earlier releases as well. This DVD is also available for preorder at the North Light Shop.

11 comments:

Karen said...

Ohhh fun.

Roberta Warshaw said...

Ohhhhh. Sounds great!

Sisterhood of the Muse said...

This is great! Can't wait to hear more!! :-)

Chris Lally said...

Keep them coming, Seth. My Christmas list is growing!!

Chris Kurman said...

Love love love the wallpaper transfer

Darlene K Campbell said...

WEll said...at the heart of mixed media is layers. Looks good.

Unknown said...

Hi Seth,
great to read about your DVD,
I do hope this DVD ( and the others) would become availlable to buy from a dutch shop (like Bol.com or such).

Seth, I have written two blogposts about a dutch television series in whipaintings of old Masters are re-created. I think it may interest you. In part 2 I added a link to the site with 'missed episodes'. I think it can be viewed from the USA.

The blog is at https://wordpress.com/post/eennieuwestart.wordpress.com/2537


With kind regards,
Cécile

Jackie PN said...

Great preview Seth! Thanks so much for sharing!
Jackie xo

Rose Curtis said...

Pretty cool Seth! I can’t wait to see the whole DVD!!

A Pink said...

More Congratulations! Seth. Thats a +1 to my 'wish list' defo. Great preview.
x

UplayOnline said...

WEll said...at the heart of mixed media is layers. Looks good.


ทางบ้าน