Thursday, September 21, 2017

Colors for China


I am excited to be a Guest Creative Guide today at A Vintage Journey, an online site devoted to all things vintage, shabby, mixed-media, art journaling, industrial and timeworn. In other words - all the good stuff. 


The site shares artwork in these genres, publishes tutorials, invites guests to post, and creates a wonderful community to be a part of.

COLORS FOR CHINA
(Sold - thank you)

For my guest post, I created Colors for China. Like most of my found object artwork, I started with an inspiring object and created the entire piece from there - with no idea of what it might look like in the end. For this piece, my inspiration was a set of 3 vintage text tubes of the most gorgeous "vitrifiable colors" designed to be used on china. 


Nearly everything I have included in this piece is vintage - with the exception of the cradled panel it is built on and a few new, metal embellishments.


Like all of my work, no matter the genre, it is all about the layers.


Please head over to A Vintage Journey to see more pictures of this artwork, to read a bit about my art making process and to discover a wonderful website and community. 

14 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is gorgeous. I especially love the patina on the metal piece.

Nikki Acton said...

A wonderful piece of altered art! Love all the found objects and how you bring them together into this fabulous composition. Thank you so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey this month! Nikki x

Redanne said...

Seth, this is a truly stunning piece of art, the paint filled test tubes are such a wonderful find and you have shown them off so beautifully! Thank you so much for being a very special guest with us at A Vintage Journey.... Anne x

Ricki Treleaven said...

This is one of my favorites....I love it!

Jackie PN said...

Absolutely stunning piece Seth! I love this!
Jackie xo

Sisterhood of the Muse said...

This piece is just wonderful! Everything just fits perfectly! :-)

Karenliz Henderson said...

WOW this is beautiful. I just love all your layers.

froebelsternchen said...

What a fantastic project! I love all about it!

Caterina Giglio said...

your assemblage is stunning, what great pieces.. you never fail to amaze me..

Pilgrim said...

I am so glad I visited the site and read about your process because I am intrigued by the vintage test tubes of Chinese paint. such a great focal point. I love this piece Seth.

Annie said...

totally awesome make and full of inspiration...love the way you have used the tubes as the centrepiece and the framed layers are amazing!!

TFS and best wishes
Annie :-)

Jenny Marples said...

Be still my beating heart... !! Yet more exceptional work Seth. You truly are inspiring. LOVE those tubes of blue tint xx

A Pink said...

Seth ,your 'Colours for China' is a masterpiece that truly does justice to all those vintage objects that you have given new life through your faultless creativity .
You never fail to inspire - thank you x

UplayOnline said...

you never fail to amaze me..


ทางบ้าน