Tuesday, November 6, 2018

TOAF: The Abstracts


I am working in series for many of the pieces I am presenting for this first time at The Other Art Fair opening 11/8 in Brooklyn. In an earlier post, I highlighted my collage work created in series on sheet film holders from vintage cameras. Like most of my work, it includes many, many layers of both paper, thread, and metal (and other) embellishments.

But I also like to paint - and leave it at that. So for the fair I created a series of seven, small,  abstract pieces on 5" x 5" x 1.5" wood panels. The series is called Tangled up in Blue


I will admit that when completed, I was drawn to add marks, collage and perhaps even found objects. But I love the simplicity and elegance of these pieces as is and find new details in them every time I look.

SOULS IN MY MIND -sold

ECLIPSED

IN THE DISTANCE

RUNNING WATER

CLIOUDY MORNINGS

A PLACE FOR EVERYTHING

MAIDEN VOYAGE - sold

------------------



The fair, presented by Saatchi Art, runs from 11/8 to 11/11 at the Brooklyn Expo Center in Greenpoint. 130 juried artists are included in the show and I will be there in Booth 20 for the entire exhibition. 

TOAF opens Thursday night 11/8 from 6pm to 10pm with a private view party. The exhibition continues on Friday 11/9 from 3pm to 10pm, Saturday 11/10 from 12pm to 9pm, and Sunday 11/11 from 11am to 6pm. If you would like to attend the VIP opening on Thursday night, please email me at shap97@gmail.com for complimentary tickets. If you would like complimentary tickets to attend the fair Friday through Sunday, click here and use code ARTIST.

5 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I think that is your signature color, Seth. These are fabulous paintings. I love your abstracts as much as your collage/assemblages from yesterday.

sarascloset said...

Loves the blues! This time I had no trouble picking my favorite--Souls in My Mind really speaks to me.

Gina Pisello said...

Seth, you are definitely exploring your "blue period." I am in love. Are you using your Paper Artsy paints to make these? Good luck at the art show.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous blue!

Cindy said...

Cindy says. Gorgeous blue!