Sunday, November 4, 2018

TOAF: The Collages


With just four days to go until the opening of The Other Art Fair in Brooklyn, I am still making art. The fair, presented by Saatchi Art, runs from 11/8 to 11/11 at the Brooklyn Expo Center in Greenpoint. 130 juried artists are included in the show and I will be there in Booth 20 for the entire exhibition. 

I am including both new art and reworked pieces. One of may favorite series debuting at the fair is a collage series, created on sheet film holders from vintage cameras. I love how they have a built in hook at the top so they can hang as is. Although you cannot tell by the photos, some of the pieces have "flaps" that lift up revealing other collage material and text.

I  have 11 works completed...but may have 1 or 2 more by the time the fair begins.

CENTRAL STATION - sold

DREAMER - sold

FLOAT - sold

FRAGMENTS - sold

EXPEDITE - sold

IRON MOUNTAIN - sold

A RIVER RUNS THROUGH IT - sold

SNOW DRIFT
 

JOURNEY HOME - sold

WELL RED - sold

WHAT ONCE WAS - sold

------------------



The fair opens Thursday night 11/8 from 6pm to 10pm with a private view party. The exhibition continues on Friday 11/9 from 3pm to 10pm, Saturday 11/10 from 12pm to 9pm, and Sunday 11/11 from 11am to 6pm. If you would like to attend the VIP opening on Thursday night, please email me at shap97@gmail.com for complimentary tickets. If you would like complimentary tickets to attend the fair Friday through Sunday, click here and use code ARTIST.

4 comments:

cHim-prints said...

These are great. I was trying to pick a favorite ... but I gave up. They're ALL intriguing.

Wish I lived close enough to come and see your booth in person. Wishing you great success.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You SEWED! Unbelievable. These are all incredible, but you KNOW my favorite is Iron Mountain. Rust gets me excited every time, even if it's faux rust.

Redanne said...

Seth, they are all incredible. I just love Journey Home, it really draws the eye in and of course - Well Red, it is beautiful! x

sarascloset said...

Incredible artwork! Those show-goers are so lucky to see these in person! Favorite??? Sorry, way too difficult to choose. I hope it's a good weekend!