Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Thanks


Thank you all for being a part of The Pulse! Thanks to the participating artists. Thanks to all the people who read through the survey posts. Thanks to all those who left comments, wrote emails, and/or posted about the project on their own blogs. And a personal thank you to all those individuals who left comments but did not leave a return email for me to write back to. The Pulse is a lot of work but I find it extremely rewarding and I am already looking forward to the next installment! If you are an artist with an online presence and would like to be a part of the next edition, please email me so I can add you to the list of participants.

I am thrilled with the final result and with this ever-growing community of online artists, to which I feel a strong connection. To me this is about collaboration. About the conversation. To that end, I appreciate all the honest feedback I received about the survey and am taking each and every suggestion into consideration. As a work in progress, you can expect a new look with every single chapter of The Pulse.

But before the next chapter begins, there is unfinished business to attend to. And up first is the zine. I have decided to go ahead with a print version of the survey, which I have been working on fervently. Expect an announcement with details soon. And for those of you with fantastic memory and great attention to detail (see Sarah Fishburn's last comment on the previous post), you may have noticed that only 6 of the 7 promised questions from the artist survey were actually posted on my blog. If you want to see the 7th, you will find it only in the zine!

I am not sure how consistent my postings will be over the next week or so, as I am dedicating my time to working on the zine. However, regular posts will begin again soon. Over the run of The Pulse, I have "collected" so much to show and so much to say. So stay tuned! And thank you all once again!!

27 comments:

Dawn D. Sokol said...

I can't wait to see the zine, Seth! What you do is just wonderful...thanks so much for asking me to be a part of it!

Sherry Goodloe said...

I enjoyed reading The Pulse! Looking forward to the zine.

sarahelizabeth said...

ohhhh!!!! i'm super excited for the zine!

Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

Thanks for having me as a part of THe Pulse! It was fun!

I did notice there was a question that didn't appear. ;)

Looking forward to the zine-can't wait! Thank you Seth! You ROCK!

Teresa Abajo said...

Whoa Seth - you must have the shoulders of Atlas to take on such mammoth tasks. Thank you for doing it - the art world salutes you!

Gillian McMurray said...

A great big thank you to you, Seth. Your choice of questions have made for a stimulating and interesting project to read. It has been wonderful to be part of it. Give yourself a pat on the back then lie down in a dark room to recover ;o)

Anonymous said...

I really learned a lot and discovered some wonderful blogs thanks to you. You have done a wonderful service for the artistic community. I look forward to reading your blog in the future and can't wait for that zine! Thank You

Anonymous said...

Thank YOU, Seth, for all the work you've put both into the online versin and the (hopefully) soon-to-come zine!

Definitely count me in for the next round.

~*~Patty S said...

Seth ~ again many many thanks for your creativity and energy, you are quite amazing! It was a huge thrill for me to be included in The Pulse, thank you for that! I also look forward to your Zne and of course more of your blog posts on The Altered Page! Kindest Regards oxo

Kim Mailhot said...

Thank you so much for all your hard work putting The Pulse together. It is a wonderful way to get to "know" our favorite artists in the blog world and to get inspired by their creative process. Your dedication to getting it all together so well is truly admirable.
Thanks again and Cheers !

firstborn studio said...

you have whet the whistle of many and i am so glad to have been apart of it all!
i love the idea of the hold out question...makes it all the more exciting to get my hands on the zine!

many thanks dearsweet man!

Sarah said...

cool - definitely put me down for a copy of the hardcopy

Chris said...

Seth, it has been a delight to read the Pulse and find out what other artists are doing. You have done a great job. I really look forward to the zine, too.

I also want to thank you for being so considerate and contributing the 'other side' of the conversation... by responding and sharing. You are a good 'conversationalist', as well as a fantastic artist! Show us more!

Anonymous said...

you have done an amazing job seth! can't wait to see the zine, which will be mind blowing i am sure. thanks for doing all of this!

sallyt said...

No, Seth -- THANK YOU!! What a fantastic resource is your little Altered Page! So much to see, do, visit, read, ponder, etc!! I love this rich corner of the internet so much. I love being a part of it. THANK YOU.

Lost Aussie said...

Great fun participating in the latest round of the Pulse...keep us posted on how the zine is going and when we can get out sticky mitts on a copy :-)
Marie

lynne h said...

thank you, seth! it's been great from start to finish (even though it's really not finished : )...

rscoach said...

Wow, Seth - this was amazing - thank you so much - can't wait for the zine - and from an old PR gal very clever to leave us longing for more by leaving one question out - better print a big run of your zine! Congrats on this wonderful project - I think you already have me down for the next one but in case you need me to sign up again - count me in - hugs - reva (los angeles)

ArtPropelled said...

This was a wonderful undertaking, Seth. There was such a buzz during the duration of the survey and today when I wondered over I was feeling a little downhearted that it was all over and then you surprised us with the wonderful post on curiosity cabinets. Thanks so much for all your hard work. You really are appreciated!

ps pirro said...

Your blog is a delight and the Pulse is great resource. I've been introduced to so many wonderful and inspiring artists through this series. Have fun putting the zine together. I look forward to it.

Anonymous said...

seth - thanks so much for all of your hard work, thoughtfulness, organizational skills, and input - it is an honor to have been a part of your project. take care. nina

Anonymous said...

Lovely job on The Pulse Seth. I'm looking forward to the zine!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU SETH!!!!!!!!!
you are a wonderful
yes...
you are a WONDERFUL

xox - eb.

Unknown said...

Seth,
I am in awe of you and your talent and your ENERGY! This was so fun to be part of and wonderfully inspirational.

Can't wait to see the zine!!!

x..x
steph

Lisa Call said...

I was wondering where the last question went. Thank you Seth, for all the work you've put into this project. We all appreciate your dedication!

Cory said...

Seth...thank you so much for including me in The Pulse. Can't wait for the zine.

notmassproduced said...

exciting exciting. thanks Seth for keeping your fingers right on The Pulse.