Supria at Encaustic Musings recently tagged me. Visit her blog to see her amazing work in encaustics and other media. Bending the rules slightly, I am going to share 6 random, art-related facts about me. You can also click here to read 6 other random facts that I posted back in March. If anybody wants to join in a little game of tag, feel free to leave a random art-related fact about you in the comment section (hmmmm, note to self...this could be a good question for the next artist survey for The Pulse).
1. I have tons of art material that I have either found or bought that will probably never end up being used -- just sorted through and admired.
2. When I can, I always look on the back of every art-related item that I have or see because sometimes there is a work of art to be found there too.
3. I use glue sticks all the time but the only brand I will ever buy is Avery.
4. When I was younger I always made a beeline for the impressionist paintings in museums. Now I head straight to the modern/contemporary ones.
5. I always get frustrated when I am in a gallery or museum and photography is not allowed. Although I understand the reasoning, it lessens the whole experience for me.
6. I prefer to work on small sized pieces. In fact the largest artwork I have made is about 10" x 10". I am about to begin a collaborative project on a 2' x 2' canvas and will totally be outside my comfort zone.
I also want to send out thanks to Sarah Kelley at The Beaded Lily's Sketchbook for passing on the Butterfly Award to me. And to Ooglebloops at Ooglebloop's World for giving me the Tree of Happiness Award. Much appreciation and many thanks to both Sarah and Ooglebloop! And if you haven't been, please go check out their wonderful blogs.