Monday, June 10, 2013

Dimensional Stenciling eMAG

This year, Cloth Paper Scissors and Interweave have started to produce Art Lessons, monthly mini-eMagazines that are immediately downloadable for just $1.99. Each issue focuses on one artist and one artistic technique. So far, Julie Fei-Fan Balzer, Jane LaFazio, Kristen Robinson, Donna Downey, and Rachelle Panagarry has been featured.

I am thrilled to be the artist behind the newly released June issue entitled Dimensional Stenciling.


Join me as I introduce my "secret sauce" - fiber paste - to create texture and dimension when stenciling, share a how-to video so you can see the process step-by-step, highlight my favorite stenciling tool, reveal how I create my layered backgrounds to stencil on, share my own stenciling tips and tricks, and show several new artworks where stenciling is the centerpiece. There is a lot packed into these pages!

Sending out thanks to Ed Roth from Stencil 1, whose stencils were used for both the cover art as well as artwork within the publication. Thanks also to Jill K. Berry from Artistcellar, whose stencils I used for both artwork within the publication and as part of my video demonstration.

6 comments:

Jo Murray said...

Got it...thanks for all the info Seth.

Sharon W. said...

back off, buster! you are a virtual creative whirlwind lately, and it is almost impossible to keep up with you. =;)

elle said...

oh, darn. I just came back from the art store and I bet I will really like this one. It is just gas, right??? lol

john said...

I purchased the Stenciling eMAG and the information is really a great overview of the product and how to. Thanks Seth.

Diane D. said...

This looks like fun, can't wait to try it out!
Thanks Seth
DianeD

Ella said...

Wow Seth this looks great!
Congrats
:D