Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Coloring Book Sketchbook

In a post from July titled Top Ten Trends in Mixed Media, I listed coloring books for adults as a hot trend. Fast forward to December and the newest addition to the collection of creative coloring books has just been released.


Cloth Paper Scissors has created Coloring Book Sketchbook. It is an 87-page book with a twist. Not only does it include 35 black and white images to color in, the images themselves are all hand drawn. No computer-generated, clip art to be found. Artists such as Joanne Sharpe, Dorit Elisha, Pam Carriker, Cathy Taylor, Jodi Ohl and Julie Fei-Fan Balzer have contributed. There are also a number of technique articles included and a product page with coloring suggestions.

Each drawing is on a page that is blank on the other side to avoid the colors bleeding through and in case you chose to tear out and frame your work. The pages are categorized by themes which include scenes, nature, people, collections, travel, patterns and objects. I am thrilled to have a drawing included in the scenes section. It is an ode to my home New York City. Check out the glimpse below.



8 comments:

elle said...

ooooh! YES, please!!!!

meecindy said...

i've been waiting for this type of coloring book, and actually have been wanting to create one myself! thanks for sharing the info. hopefully my local barnes noble will have it. :)

connie said...

I may have to go out and get this one. I love the idea they are hand drawn images and love the one you did!

Thanks for sharing.

Bill said...

Doh! I bought the Somerset Studio version, which I love, but I imagine I'll have to get this one, too.

Jenny Petricek said...

I'm intrigued...may need to treat myself to a few for Christmas!

Jean said...

THis is just wonderful!!

PocketSize said...

I love it! Your page is fantastic :)

Anonymous said...

I ordered this as a gift for Christmas. Although I very much like the pages to color, I was very disappointed at the amount of advertising included. I'm questioning whether it is suitable as a gift; had you men ironed the advertising I probably would not have ordered it.