Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Plaster Makes Perfect


Recently I blogged about Plaster Studio, the new book by Stephanie Lee and Judy Wise. Plaster Studio presents a series of well-explained projects on painting, sculpting, casting, carving, and book making -- all using plaster and related materials. Talk about texture! In my previous post, they each shared some personal thoughts about writing this book and working together as co-authors.


Plaster Studio: Mixed-Media Techniques for Painting, Casting and Carving

And now they are sharing more than that. Hot off the presses, Steph and Judy have just announced their Workshop E-Book based on Plaster Studio. Their eBook contains all you need to complete a 4 week workshop on everything plaster. Included is all the videos, written instruction, photographs, questions and answers from former students, as well as internal and external links to products and supplies. Your eBook can be downloaded so you can access it from your computer or accessed directly from the discs.

You can find more information by reading their general announcement here or go directly to Steph's recent blog post for additional details. And happy plastering.

10 comments:

MrCachet said...

Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase - "I got plastered" doesn't it!

femminismo said...

Thanks for the alert. These two ladies have made "plaster" the latest art medium.

Svetlana said...

The book is great!!! I will definitively will try some projects (since I'm working in orthopaedics I have lots of plaster gauze.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is SO ironic, because I am in the process of working with various types of plaster. I had no idea there was a book out there. I really MUST find some of that plaster gauze the book recommends.

Jo Murray said...

Thanks Seth... always informative and helpful.

Parabolic Muse said...

Amazing stuff. If there is one class that I've heard a LOT about, it's this one. And I like the work I'm seeing from students. Cool!

ART*ticulation said...

Thanks for the info Seth i did buy the book and a'm doing plaster page book in a 3 person colab. I'm not doing the pages the way it was in the book but love how they are turning out. I will take the workshop when and if I get thru the book :>) Too mush fun and sloppy YUM!!!

rivergardenstudio said...

I have a copy of this book and love it!!! I got to take a workshop from Judy Wise last week, she is a wonderful teacher. And I bought a plaster kit from Trish Seggebruch so I can play! roxanne

Julie Shackson said...

My collection of 'books recommended by Seth' is growing. This one is now winging it's way to me!

Ange said...

I LOVE this book!! Bought it a while back. Now you tell me there's MORE! Yipee :)