Monday, August 22, 2011

Happy Hands

Eric Adama, a talented artist from the Netherlands, highlighted a topic that is close to my heart on this post on his blog Cerulean: hands. Hands down my favorite picture from his post is the first image of Louise Bourgeois. And what a quote: "I am not what I am, I am what I do with my hands." Also included among the selection of images was a mosaic that Eric put together of my Making Waves series. Thanks for the shout out Eric.


The newest addition to the Making Waves family is Tyche, the Greek Goddess of Luck, Destiny, and Fortune.


Available for purchase in my Etsy Shop.

Sold. Thank you!

13 comments:

Sherry said...

I am in awe over the hands...our hands are so expressive of who we are and how we think (we use them to communicate)...I've always noticed people's hands and how they use them.

Maureen said...

Love the quote! Thank you for sharing the Adams post.

Wonderful mosaic of all of your great hands.

One of the most marvelously expressive pair of hands I've seen belongs to Sam Gilliam.

Jo Murray said...

LOVE that series Seth. While I was 'potting' my works also featured hands. Must blog them one day.

Lynn Cohen said...

Amazed at how many of these you have created. Hear the audience roar with applause!

lyle baxter said...

Wonderful! could you print a poster of the mosaic? I'd love to hang a copy behind my hand collection! and I must write to santa about your latest ! delightful.

Sue said...

Wonderful collection - I think the idea of a poster is great! I didn't realize what a rewarding topic hands are!

Laura said...

love seeing a good collection of work.

Cherie said...

Oh ... be still my beating heart! Your gorgeous collection makes a wonderful poster Seth! I recently acquired fifteen pair of modern mannequin hands, some will feature in a work in progress!

Dayna Collins said...

Hands are one of my favorite images and I've been loving the hands you've created, Seth. But to see them all together like this is beyond words.

Bill said...

I love the collage of your hands, too. I always knew you had happy hands!

Gaby Bee said...

That series is outstanding. Love the mosaic of all your hand objects!

Carole Reid said...

Your hands, each and every one of them, are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

i am so in love with all of your hands, seth. they are stunning! i love seeing them here, all together (and think you should sell prints of that -- i'd buy one).

i'm off to read the link you've shared. thanks so much, seth.