Saturday, April 21, 2012

Passages


Earlier this month I highlighted the paintings from my Interior Angles series that is part of my current exhibition at The Gallery Link in Ellenville, NY.  Interior Angles consists of 12 abstract, acrylic paintings.


This exhibition also includes nine mixed media works that make up the series Passages.


 These pieces are meditations on changes and the passing of time.

Passages
11' x 14"


To My Heart
8" x 10"


Timeless
8" x 10"


The origin of this series began with Headstrong, which appears in Pam Carriker's book Art at the Speed of Life. And reflecting the concept of change inherent in this series, this piece has been changed since it was first published in Pam's book.

Headstrong
8" x 10"


Angel Hand is currently featured on the cover of the May/June 2012 issue of Somerset Studio.

Angel Hand
8" x 10"


And Charlotte is featured on the pages of Somerset Studio as well.

Charlotte
8" x 10"

The remaining three pieces from this series are "spoken for" and you will be seeing them in various places in the coming months.



Also on view at my exhibition in Ellenville are a number of my handmade books - some that I have made on my own and some that are part of collaborations. I love being able to see all of these books on display together.



The exhibition runs through April 23rd, so this is the last weekend to visit if you are in the Hudson Valley in New York.


21 comments:

Brian Kasstle said...

Beautiful exhibits! Congratulations Seth!

Raylee said...

the colours convey another time & place to me. so tactile & thought provoking. congratulations!

ArtPropelled said...

Wonderful seeing all your work together, Seth. Congratulations on a great exhibition!

lyle baxter said...

love seeing your work all together! the ever changing pieces are intriguing! huzzah for a great Seth year!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful exhibit :).
Stay inspired!

Kathy said...

Congratulations Seth - the show looks wonderful. Would love to flip through all those fantastic books in the glass case.
PS: I am enjoying every page of your new book!

elle said...

The exhibit is wonderful, Seth. Very well executed. Ellenville must be a wonderful place! Lol elle(n)

Maureen said...

Congratulations, Seth. Looks like a great show of your work.

~Babs said...

That's one fine exhibition!
I'm especially intrigued by Charlotte, but each one has a spark all it's own.

Carol said...

This looks so interesting-seeing all that work together is amazing. Congratulations. Hope there will be many more.

Hagit said...

Wonderful pieces, and very interesting concept! And I would love to thumb through those books :)

Lynn Cohen said...

Wish I could see these live...Maybe one day.
Congratulations on so many shows!
Happy for you Seth.
Beautiful work here.

Jo Murray said...

Beats me when you find the time Seth.... and find the mental resources to do such inspired work when you are so busy. Congratulations.

Lisa said...

congratulations on such a wonderful exhibition! I really wish you have brought more of your pieces to Judith's studio.. I would have loved to have viewed them up close... your technique for combining layers together is really something special...

layers said...

I am going to call you SuperArtist.. what a wonderful exhibit.. I could not choose a favorite one though am leaning towards the Angel or Charlotte.. anyway on top of all your book stuff and magazine stuff.. a big kudos.

Darlene K Campbell said...

An inspiring exhibit. Especially pulled towards the "Time" pieces. Would like to hold and look through the books. Great exhibit and congrats on all you've done.

Fred Spratt said...

Wow, these are all really cool! I especially like the reliefs :)

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

THANK YOU for putting these pieces all together for us and for showing them up so close, seth! my only wish would to be able to go to n.y. so that i could see them in person and ask to feel and touch them :)!

Annie said...

These pieces are stunning, I love them all and the books are wonderful too. Congrats! xoxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love this entire series, but I am most drawn to the pieces that have the rust. They are incredible, as always.

Gaby Bee said...

Stunning pieces, Seth. I wish I could see them live. Congrats!!!