Sunday, April 1, 2012

When 31 Becomes 11

Today is April 1st, which means the 31 days of March are now part of history. And this means that my series 31 Artists/31 Days has come to an end. Thank you all for the positive feedback you have given me about this project. It has been a pleasure introducing you all to artists that are new to you...and re-introducing you to some of your old friends as well. Of course even though these postings have ended, there is still so much to discover about each of these artists, and many more, on the pages of my book The Pulse of Mixed Media: Secrets and Passions of 100 Artists Revealed.


If you ever want to visit these posts again, a link can be found on the sidebar of my blog, toward to bottom, where you will also find links to all my other online and live collaborative projects.

As you know, all of you who left comments on my 31/31 posts and/or the 31/31 posts of each spotlighted artist became eligible for my giveaway of 3 signed copies of the book. There were nearly 3,000 comments left in total and the winners have been randomly selected:

Grand prize of a copy of The Pulse of Mixed Media, signed by as many of the contributing artists as I see during my book tour travels, and there will be many, goes to Jo Murray from Jo Murray - Art. Congrats Jo!

Congrats also go out to Tammie Lee from Beauty Flows and Terrie from Creative Explorer, each of whom won a signed copy of the book.

They say "when one door closes, another opens", so now that 31/31 has ended a new series begins. Starting tomorrow and running for 11 consecutive days, I will be sponsoring a traditional blog hop. Eleven bloggers, not connected with the book, will be posting their thoughts and reactions to the book. And, even better, each of them will be answering their choice of survey questions from the book. I will link to each blogger on their assigned day. But here is a preview of the wonderful group you are about to hang out with:

April 2   Rice Freeman-Zachery
April 3   Stephanie Lee
April 4   Ali Edwards
April 5   Ro Bruhn
April 6   Roben Marie-Smith
April 7   Nancy Lefko
April 8   Kelly Kilmer
April 9   Trudi Sissons
April 10 Melody Nunez
April 11 Dina Wakley
April 12 Stephanie Hilvitz

And during this time, I will also be posting about the recent and upcoming events surrounding my book.

20 comments:

Frances said...

So glad to have been part of this online journey exposed to so much talent and creativity and art! Thanks for the glimpse.

Rebeca Trevino said...

Congrats to Jo, Tammie and Terrie! it was a fun 31 day ride. I have enjoyed following along.
Looking forward to the next segment!
Enjoy!

Tammie Lee said...

good day to you Seth
when i got your email I smiled so big! i feel so happy to win your book! And to win out of 3,000 people, that is amazing.

your next blog hop sounds wonderful too. I love how your journey with this continues to unfold, like a many petaled flower offering new glimpses of the same flower, offering more opportunity to take it's beauty and gifts to heart.

Kris said...

Excellent line up! Looking forward to seeing even more great artists and their art.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the ride...looking forward to the future!!

Heather K Ross said...

I look forward to the next 11 days. I appreciate your willingness to share and help expose other artists. The artist community is an amazing one to be a part of. :) Can't wait to get my hands on your book.

Unknown said...

This past month has been a nudge for me to get going! Creatively speaking. It's been a thrill to meet everyone. I'll be popping back to your sidebar often! Thanks again for the marvy time. Namaste *smiles* Norma

Terrie said...

YAY! I'm thrilled to have won a copy of the book! I've argued with myself all month about ordering one vs waiting.....I'm glad I waited. Can't wait to sit and savor each page. THANKS!

Kim Hambric said...

It has been incredible to read even more from these 31 artists. Looking forward to your new blog series!

Jo Murray said...

THANK YOU Seth. MY lucky star must be shining on me. Thank you also for adding my link... hope everyone likes what they see. Your blog hop will be awesome. I just visited Dina and watched her Creative Jumpstart video... all wonderful advice.
Congrats to the other winners too, it's been a great month.

Robert said...

Congratulations to Jo, Tammie Lee, and Terrie! 31 Artists in 31 Days was an incredible creative 'jolt' (just what I needed!). Looking forward to the 11 artist blog hop!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I look forward to the next 11. It will be fun to see what they have to say about the book. Congrats to the three winners. I visit both Jo and Terrie in blogland, so that was fun to see they had won.

Lynn Cohen said...

I enjoyed meeting all of the artists!!! Thanks for doing that and fun to know there will be more to meet in the coming eleven days/weeks...

congrats to the lucky winners!

Carol said...

I really enjoyed the last 31 days and look forward to the next 11. Thank you for the introduction to some amazing mixed media artists.

elle said...

This has been a great month Seth. I reallly learned a lot about the whole art community. Thanks and congratulations to the winners. Actually, we were all winners.

artyjenniep said...

Seth, it has been fantastic! Thank you for introducing us to these amazing and inspiring people. Can't wait to get a copy of the book. Tonia

Darlene K Campbell said...

Congratulations to the winners. Hey, I visited your blogs, too. It has been one creative month hasn't it? So much talent and creative energy floating about in cyberspace. (Thanks Seth) Looking forward to the next 11 days.

Carrie said...

Forgot that yesterday ended the 31/31 - thank you for replacing that daily anticipation with a new one!

Sandy said...

Congrats on your book and to the winners. I can't wait to get a copy of the book.

Parabolic Muse said...

So happy for Jo!