Tuesday, June 19, 2012

New: Workshop DVDs


Are you familiar with ArtistsNetwork.TV? This site provides online instructional videos from leading contemporary artists. ArtistsNetwork.TV offers many options for viewing their workshops. You can buy individual workshop DVDs or immediately access individual workshops as instant downloads. You can subscribe to any individual workshop or to all workshop videos in a given medium for a 6-month period. Better still, you can subscribe to all video workshops for periods of 6-months or a full year. You can get an art eduction while in your PJs in your own home!

I am excited to announce that I am the first mixed media artist to be represented on ArtistsNetwork.TV. This past March, I headed to North Light Books' headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio to film two workshop DVDs (more on that amazing experience in a later post).



"In Easy Mixed Media Surface Techniques Seth takes you step-by-step through a variety of mixed-media techniques using his easy mixed-media Painted Grid process. You'll learn how to incorporate text, texture, mark-making and interesting finishing touches like spatter, dry brushing and more. You'll discover several unique projects using the finished painted paper that take your work to the next level. This video includes 71 minutes of premier workshop instruction."


"Apter's second video, Easy Mixed Media Techniques for the Art Journal, takes you through a variety of unique mixed-media texture-making, distressing and layering techniques. The finished product can be used as a personal journal, artist's book or a place to explore the use of new materials. This 95 minute video will have you discovering surprising techniques for adding interest to your art, using the simplest of tools and materials."

You can head over now to this post on Create Mixed Media to see video previews of both DVDs as well as to watch an interview I did with my DVD editor, the wonderful Kristy Conlin.

These DVDs will be released later this month. I will post again just as soon as they are actually available for purchase.

------------------------------


My week as Guest Curator on crescendoh.com continues today. Join me here to follow links to some of my favorite blog posts on the web.

19 comments:

Billie said...

Hi Seth

Ohh Many cograts on the DVDs, will they be available in PAL for European viewing? Would I have to join that site you mention to buy them?

Maybe I got a bit confused ;)

Jeane Myers said...

huge congratulations Seth!! thrilled for you xo

Cheryl said...

I'm ecstatic to learn you've created DVD's and will purchase ASAP.

lynne h said...

hey, smiling at the post you chose (on crescendoh)...

and, congratulations!!

xoxo

elle said...

The previews are wonderfully helpful! I thought the whole setting was well thought out. What you do, you dowith quiet strength and confidence. I'll be awaiting the release of both. I thought your interview was also enlightening and encouraging. Success to you and thanks for sharing what you are learning.

Jo Murray said...

Hi Seth... they look like excellent DVDs. Your interview revealed some things that I can really relate to... collecting 'stuff' everywhere, and the fact that you are a late-starter and mainly self-taught (tho' I do have 'some' formal art training). Congratulations on how much you have achieved in such a relatively short time.

I'm off to make a few textured pages 'a la Seth' See ya.

Anonymous said...

Big Time stuff!! Congrats on all of this!!

Maureen said...

How wonderful for you, Seth. Congrats!

Svetlana said...

The preview looks great. I can't wait for release of the DVD's. Even though I haven't had time to leave commnets on your latest posts I have been following your exciting journey. Congratulations, Seth! I hope you have still enough time to create.

Brian Kasstle said...

Congratulations Seth! These are going to be a big hit! Are they available for pre-order? I don't see a link?

ArtPropelled said...

Congratulations Seth! I enjoyed both previews and the interview was great.

Bill said...

Hey! I watched the previews. They look great. You actually sound like you might be an intelligent guy! :O)

Bill

Lynn Cohen said...

You never cease to amaze!

Holly Dean Artist said...

This is fabulous, Seth. This is definitely your year!

Unknown said...

Congrats. We mixed media artists need the exposure!!

Unknown said...

Congrats. We mixed media artists need the exposure!!

Jill Zaheer said...

Huge congratulations Seth- these look phenomenal. Loved Lynne's Cresendoh post as well. What a tutorial! T

mairedodd said...

these look terrific! but as i stuck to my rule of not following links until i finish a post, i am now off to watch the previews!

Parabolic Muse said...

OHMY! WHAT doth you wrought!?

Dear Seth;

What I was going to say before someone interrupted me is, This is Fantastic. You know I'm going over there. Thank you for doing this and for telling us after you did it!