Sunday, June 17, 2012

It's Still Life: Chapter 3


Welcome to the 5th edition of The Pulse -- The State of the Art -- a survey in words and pictures of the online artist community. The Pulse is a collaborative project that aims to introduce you to new artists, help you get to know familiar faces even more, and allow you access into the creative hearts and minds of a very talented crew of individuals. More than 130 artists have answered a series of questions which make up The Pulse. Their responses will be presented in a series of online posts which will run every Sunday.

Style File, Techniques & Tools, and Master Class were the first three projects posted and links to all these posts can be found on the sidebar of my blog. The fourth project, It's Still Life, continues now...


Participants were asked to photograph a still life that you create using an array of objects.
------------------------------------------
Erin Perry
"This is a picture of a typical swap meet score. I love arranging my finds afterwards and getting a shot of them all together."

Jessica Walthall

Adrienne "Dree" Berry

Laura A. Pace
"Red Still Life - This is typical of the still lifes I set up in my studio from which to paint."

Lynn Cohen

Darlene AkA HugGeR Wilkinson
"These are shelves filled with objects that I can make assemblages with. I know it looks like a moge poge, but it works!"

Lisa Sarsfield
"My chosen photo is a still life of leaves, twigs, and bark. I was making a 'landcastle' when I found the mossy bark which was curled like a nest. Finds like this make me very happy!"

Roxanne Evans Stout

Victoria Crowder Payne

Denise Aumick

Stephanie Hilvitz
"I have so many collections, how to decide what to share...this combines a few, Mandala's, tin bugs and roses."

Vivian Williams
"From the Asheville, NC drum circle which takes place in downtown every Friday night."
------------------------------------------
Next "It's Still Life" will be held on Sunday, June 24th.

12 comments:

Leslie Avon Miller said...

These are interesting!

Unknown said...

so many interesting collections you have collected!

Lynn Cohen said...

Ha! I had no memory of sending you that picture of my pin cushion and ruler! Too funny. I enjoyed seeing other's interpertations of still life's...Seth you do bring out the best in us! Today mine would look much different. It would contain pens and paints and brushes and paper pads!

rivergardenstudio said...

I love these Seth, thanks so much for including mine. Happy Sunday to you!
roxanne

Maureen said...

Some fun still lifes here.

Jo Murray said...

Such an array of yummy images, and creative people to visit. Thanks Seth.

sf said...

Even tho Lynn doesn't remember sending to you, hers is PERFECTION.

marianne said...

as always, so much fun to see how others respond. eagerly awaiting the next installment! thanks seth-

marianne said...

as always, so much fun to see how others respond. eagerly awaiting the next installment! thanks seth-

ART*ticulation said...

Thanks Seth, so many different interpretations, love it all!!!

Jill Zaheer said...

Love these! The variations again are so imaginative!

Parabolic Muse said...

Do you not love these? And how varied? Now I just want to take photos of still lifes! Look at Roxanne's! How cool! orderly, like Stephanie's. Then there are those like Erin's, where mystery abounds. nice!!