Friday, November 2, 2012

Art Gallery Tour


One of the things I love the most about both teaching and taking art workshops is the creative electricity that comes from creating in person with other artists. That is always my favorite part of "live" classes. As such, I do not often take online workshops. That being said, I have joined two online workshops this past year. I began one of them a few weeks ago and am loving it (more about that later). But today I am talking about an online workshop that I started this past June: Julie Prichard's The Mixed Media Variety Hour. 


This is a sensational workshop and I have already reviewed it in depth in a previous post. I have revisited the workshop many times since signing on, as once you join one of Julie's online classes you are a member forever. Julie (along with Chris Cozen) has created an online community and network that makes her online workshop feel so much like a "live" workshop. Just one example of her community building is the "Art Gallery Tour" which begins today and runs for the next five Fridays on Julie's blog: The Land of Lost Luggage


In it, she is posting examples of student work from many of her online workshops. To kick it off, she is highlighting artwork made by individuals from her Mixed Media Variety Hour class, including one of my own:

'Starship'

Click here to go to the gallery! And remember to head back to see a new exhibition every Friday from now through and including December 7.

19 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

Seth- thank you for coming along on the gallery tour with us..and also for your kind words. I'm also happy to see you're posting considering all of the local events there. Thank you again for all of your support! See you on the tour! We are serving wine and cheese this morning.

chriscozen said...

Seth, I love this fresh blue that you used in the piece. It is very eye-catching! Thanks for participating in our virtual vernissage (fancy word for opening).

ArtPropelled said...

Glad you mentioned the gallery tour. I've spent quite a while browsing and enjoyed seeing Julie's latest work too.

rivergardenstudio said...

Seth, Julie is amazing and I am so glad I got to meet her in person. I will check out the gallery tour! thanks and take care,
roxanne

rivergardenstudio said...

I forgot to say that "Starship" is a beauty!

Ella said...

How wonderful and generous! Love this piece and Julie sounds amazing~!
Thanks Seth for sharing, with us! :D
Happy Friday!

Jo Murray said...

Thanks for all the info Seth. I've done many a hands-on workshop, but have yet to give on-line a go. Maybe it's time.

A Magical Whimsy said...

If only 'Starship' was that huge in real life! Very eye-catching as Chris Cozen commented.

Holly Dean Artist said...

Such a wonderful piece, Seth! I love seeing it larger than life in the gallery too ;)

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Debrina said...

Very subtle work, Seth. I have always admired your ability to embrace the new and explore the teachings of others. It's something I need to do more of, me thinks.

LR said...

julie is a definitely an amazing community builder. the tour is off to a stellar start.

cHim-prints said...

Beautiful piece - no matter what size it is! :>)

And the Gallery Tour promises to be quite an experience. I agree with the others... Julie is amazing.

Bill said...

Starship? May I come along? Love the blues!

Parabolic Muse said...

Seth, I adore this painting. Is it as big as your photo suggests?

I've taken three of Julie's classes and I really love them. I hope to be taking this one, too.

Cathy Bueti said...

Hi Seth! Love this piece!! The colors and textures are fabulous! This is one of my fav classes with Julie. This gallery is fun! See you in class! :)

layers said...

Online workshops are up and coming it seems... gaining more and more popularity. I took one on digital imagery and photoshop and thought it was excellent. I will check out the gallery tour now.

layers said...

p.s. I love your blue piece

faye said...

i wish i could see these works in real life. they already look stunning in the images, how much more in real life?:D