Monday, November 12, 2012

The Daily News


The Pulse Charity Auction for Hurricane Sandy aid ended last night at midnight. I want to thank everybody who visited the site, donated an item, spread the word, and bid. Once again, I am in awe at the amazingness of our community. In total, $2,375 was raised. 100% of that will be sent to The Mayor's Fund to Advance New York City and they will use 100% of the donation for dispersement to relief organizations and their efforts. If you would like to make a donation, click here.

----------------------------------------

I have been setting up my teaching schedule for 2013 and hopefully will be at a venue near you. The entire schedule will be posted soon. I will be teaching in New York, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, Oregon, Washington State, New Jersey, and Arizona. And who knows where else. The full schedule will go online soon but I wanted to tell you about several opportunities now...


I will be teaching Mixed Media Memoire at Ink About It in Westford, Massachusetts. This 2-day workshop will be held on April 6th-April 7th. Registration opens tomorrow, Tuesday 11/13/12 at 9:30am. In this workshop, you will be making a one-of-a-kind artist book. In the process, you will learn a new binding technique. We will be making pockets, folds, flaps, and mini-books, altering personal photos, creating mail art, trying out various approaches to collage, using found objects, making commercial products your own, and more!



----------------------------------------

My 52 Card Pickup workshop at the Little Bird Creations Studio in NYC on December 2nd is now full. A second day has been added on January 6th and registration is now open. In this workshop, we will be using a deck of cards to create a unique journal that you can use weekly for one year. This is a project-based workshop but you will learn many techniques using gesso, acrylic paint, acrylic glazes and collage.



----------------------------------------
I am very excited to be teaching a collaborative workshop at Little Bird in NYC called The Need to Tell Stories. I will be working alongside Roxanne Evans Stout and Elizabeth Wix in this 2-day workshop on March 9th-March 10th. We will be making a handmade artist book and filling it will both art and stories. I think this will be a magical weekend. There are 5 spots left and I hope that you can join us. 


----------------------------------------


I would love to meet those of you who are close to NYC this coming weekend when I will be exhibiting at the Parallax Art Fair. Parallax opens on Friday 11/16 with a private view showing from 7-9pm. It is open to the public on Saturday 11/17 and Sunday 11/18 from 11am-5pm. It is being held at the Prince George Ballroom on 15 East 27th Street in Manhattan. Entrance is free but you can order tickets in advance here

9 comments:

Maureen said...

Congratulations, Seth, on raising funds that will be put to good use. So many are still suffering. You've done a such a wonderful thing, and I imagine fielding e-mails and updating and keeping track of everything has to have left you exhausted.

Looks like lots of exciting things forthcoming.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful thing you did with the charity auction. I am signed up for your January class at Little Bird and am really looking forward to it!

Kathryn Dyche said...

I'm convinced you must be a vampire because with everything you have going on you must never sleep! Always an inspiration.

Jo Murray said...

Do you ever get time to sleep?...or eat? Congratulations...a sterling effort.

The Creative Beast said...

WOW! A lot of exciting events you are hosting/teaching at Seth! I hope you do one in the Los Angeles one day so I can participate =-)

Artsnark said...

Very very cool - thanks for hosting the auction & making it so easy to participate. Congrats to the winners!

Your workshops look like great fun, by the way.

Debrina said...

Today New York! Tomorrow, the world? All the very best Seth on your journey to the stars! 2013 looks like a dream come true for you.

Ella said...

Congrats Seth..amazing how people pull together :D

Wow, I wish I could go...you need to be a snow bird and visit the south, sometime. I am a New England girl by heart, but home is where you hang your hat. I love it in the south, too :D

elizabeth said...

Gosh, you are busy!
Yes, to new blog design --I endlessly fiddle with mine.
I must write another description of the March workshop since I'm sure lots of people who might be interested have been distracted by floods and elections!